my brothers 15th birthday is coming up in about a half a month so i thought since he plays in my band that the members of my band can put together a budget that we spend on a guitar. As For the style we play it's mixture of doom, power, thrash metals.

His setup is
Marshall 2203KK Head
Mesa engineering Rectifier 4x12 cabs
bunch of MXR Pedals
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Quote by Danyg
Whats the budget exacly?

since the five of us including me put down 200 usd so it going to be 1200USD.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
A jackson.. duh
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Well if he has a Marshall 2203KK Head he probably has a guitar worth of playing it through? Considering it's a very expensive amp that is..

If he already has a good guitar maybe you should think about buying him some luxary like a Wah-wah or some very good quality cables or something..

But if you really are interested in getting him a guitar, people would point you towards ibanez at this forum, or schecter.
my brother has my old RR3 since all of his gear is my old road abused gear that i never use.

it getting quite abused now since he is at an private musician academy now.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Last edited by Pintara_jackson at Nov 3, 2008,
maybe a soloist or if not a trem id say and eclipse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
jackson
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
yeah i was thinking of getting him a Jackson KV2,Jackson SLSMG, ESP LTD AL600, or an ESP LTD JH600.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
the best choice would be to give him the money and take him guitar shopping, that way he can try out the guitars and get one that feels really good to him

because you could get him a really nice guitar, but then he tries it and doesnt like it... man, i would hate that :P
i was thinking about taking the band and him out on a little shopping trip to the local music shop.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Yeah, you should do that... 1200$ is too much money to spend on a gamble like that
Could I be your little bro too? I wouldn't mind a new guitar.

j/k

Good luck with your band and getting a guitar. The best choice is to surprise your little bro with a trip to the guitar shop. Tell him you're going to the movies or something like that, and go to guitar store instead, and pretend that you're trying a guitar for yourself, and then pick one off the rack and hand it to him and ask him what he would like, I think he would like a pleasant surprise like that.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
yeah i'm starting to think that it's gamble to spend the band members money on a guitar that he won't play.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
You could always buy him a 7 string, I mean, he might not want a new 6 string but a 7 string sounds like a good idea, more options. Schecter makes some nice ones.
If you don't feel like gambling then maybe some nice pedals?
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by Pintara_jackson
yeah i'm starting to think that it's gamble to spend the band members money on a guitar that he won't play.

do what MustangSVT said!
Quote by xJuan91x
the best choice would be to give him the money and take him guitar shopping, that way he can try out the guitars and get one that feels really good to him

because you could get him a really nice guitar, but then he tries it and doesnt like it... man, i would hate that :P

I've picked up £2000 Les Pauls, but I don't like Les Paul necks so I hated them. Whereas my £180 Squier tele and £500 Ibanez JS100 feel fantastic.
Definitely let your bro try out the gear first.

He's already got a pointy metal axe.

So obviously...

Buy him another one!

Ibanez RG is great. A stoptail BC Rich is usually better on the delivery of huge sounding power chords than some extra extra jumbo fretted floyd rose shred machine, I find. As a lead guitarist, he'd want something that plays differently to his Jackson, but still feels familiar, I reckon.

Deffo look into BC Rich.
Quote by xJuan91x
....Spoiled kids

Young and inexperienced aren't the same thing, homeskillet. Don't be condescending.

I'm gonna' agree with everyone else, let him go shopping. He knows what he needs better than we do.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
yep, its wat he likes not these ppl, i like b.c. rich, i go for the expensive stuff not the cheapy kerry king shit ya know...the mocking birds are beautiful in person (the new ones)....yep..
take him to the store and let everybody be playing stuff just so he doesnt think anything. Then afterwards find out what everybody liked, but only pay attention to what his favorite was, then buy it and give it to him for his birthday. But dont make it too obvious what you're doing.

May I also join your family? I have a birthday soon too...
"Without the sword, the law is only words"

\m/ (>.< \m/
Quote by athlete1
if you want to get sweeping results grab a mike and go BLOOOOLOOOLOOLOOOP BLOOOLOOOLOOPLOOOLOOLLLOOOOOO-and repeat.
DAAAYYYYUM. I'd kill for a KK2203 head. Can your parents adopt me?

Anyway, just give him the cash and let him decide. Best way to do it.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by tybo13g
take him to the store and let everybody be playing stuff just so he doesnt think anything. Then afterwards find out what everybody liked, but only pay attention to what his favorite was, then buy it and give it to him for his birthday. But dont make it too obvious what you're doing.

May I also join your family? I have a birthday soon too...

this is perfect ^^
so i've diecided to go to the movies (shop) after tomorrows practice session so i won't have to worry about keeping the guitar a secret.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab