does anyone know where i could buy a hihat (both cymbals with a stand included), b/c i bought a cheap drum set without cymbals and was wondering if i could buy a complete hihat
yeah...
yeah basically you cant just have hats. go on ebay and look for some sabian B8's or zildjian ZXT's because they will last you. no point in getting some cheap hats because if you start taking drums seriously it will set you back some $$$. as for hardware (cymbal stands) they are about £20 each (sterling).

do not get something that will not last.
Quote by n to the k
yeah basically you cant just have hats. go on ebay and look for some sabian B8's or zildjian ZXT's because they will last you. no point in getting some cheap hats because if you start taking drums seriously it will set you back some $$$. as for hardware (cymbal stands) they are about £20 each (sterling).

no, get Paiste 3 or 5 series, they are cheap but sound friggen awesome.
Quote by CoreysMonster
no, get Paiste 3 or 5 series, they are cheap but sound friggen awesome.

cymbals vary, no cymbal can be copied exactly so it sounds the same as another cymbal. all cymbals are unique.

TS, if you go to a music store, ask if you can try some of the cymbals. there is no point in buying unless you like the sound they make
Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah, you're right. its kinda like guitars, but so far i've made best results with paiste.

yar i see where your coming from. i use sabian AAX's and they are perfect for me but some people cant stand them.
internet.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by n to the k

ZBTs not ZXTs. ZXT & ZHT are Zildjians higher low end cymbals. ZBT is a terrible line in my choice, but if thats what you need get the Sabian B8s, Paiste 3's or 5's, Zildjian ZBTs or Planet Zs (even worse), or the low end Meinls will do the job.

But look at eBay or going to Guitar Center or Sam Ash will be your best bet. Ebay will probably be used though.

B8's would be my top choice. All sheet cymbals (all of which I just mentioned) sound better as you use them more so used might not be a bad choice.
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Last edited by metal overlord at Nov 3, 2008,
I have a set of Sabian B8s and I love the sound, given that they weren't all that expensive. But it depends on your taste, and what room you have the drums in. I have mine in a carpeted garage with shelves round the walls and it sounds really nice and sort of crunchy. But I had my cymbals at a gig and they sounded completely different. Still nice, but softer and more... almost classic rock.

My best advice is go to a drum shop and talk to the guys in there, they'll help you and they should let you try a few things out. In my experience the lower end Zildjians aren't very good, but the Sabian and Paiste ones are nice. It really all comes down to the acoustic of your room and personal preference.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.