Kayy.

My guitar doesn't seem to give the best tone it can. It's kind of dimmed in the 'goodness' it had when i first had it.

I play a Cort x-11, One of the original models, which i like very much =] IT still has the original pickups it came with, really not sure what they are. It says mightymite on them. =S

So whenever i play, through whatever amp (My Mesa, or a friends Line 6) it seems very muffled and to be honest, quite crap. So i narrowed it down to rather the pickups or the cable but i'm not sure if a cable could make that much difference.

If i get new pickups, i'm gonna need some that will handle brutalz metal, and something good for solo's (Typically Neo-Classical shred kind of stuff).

So any ideas?

No it's not my playing as it does it when i just hold 1 note, or anything.
Sweet.
i personally use a seymour duncan jb or a duncan custom for the bridge and in the neck i use either an dimarzio air norton or a duncan 59.
duncan jb jazz combos work too. =]
duncan hot rails will do good for metal
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
please say you've changed the strings, cos old strings make a hell of a difference to the sound.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
are the strings new, or at least not old?
what are the settings on the amp(s)? probably you hav some sh*tty eq that makes it sound muffled

what kind of rythm tones do you want, and what kind of lead tones (get some song or solo as an example).

is your guitar S-S-S, H-S-S, H-S-H, H-H? does is have coil tap or coil split(in case of having HB's)? do you want one?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
are the strings new, or at least not old?
what are the settings on the amp(s)? probably you hav some sh*tty eq that makes it sound muffled

what kind of rythm tones do you want, and what kind of lead tones (get some song or solo as an example).

is your guitar S-S-S, H-S-S, H-S-H, H-H? does is have coil tap or coil split(in case of having HB's)? do you want one?

Hmm i've used presets on the line 6 i've played. Quite alot of them. On my mesa i've tried many things, but it doesn't seem to help.

Um. Maybe Chimaira/Malefice stuff. Or As i lay dying/Kilswitch engage stuff for rhythm. Weird really. Think of "Risen though the ashes" by Malefice, or "Darkness falls" by killswitch engage.

For leads i want anything from the Solo from "Six" by Chimaira, to "Old school" by Robert marcello.

H - S - H, i think. And Yes, it does have a coil tap.
Sweet.
Sorry forgot say I have changed the strings. They're new.

-Edit button wasn't loading, my internets playing up.
Sweet.