I went to a little local show last saturday, it was a bunch of stupid little faggotish bands... they all sounded like crap, everyone was doing random power chords and the singers were just screaming (not the good kind)

and then this band called LoveHateHero came on... I was amazed. their guitarist is simply amazing.

before the show, he walked up to me and my friends asking for a cigarette, and i had no idea who he was. then his band came on.... it was awesome

Check out this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX_QhB01Byo

he was doing solos behind his back and stuff. it was amazing... but his band really holds him down

then after the show we hung out with him, he was really cool... took a few pics, talked about guitars, etc

Does anyone else know any crappy bands with a really good guitarist?
Yes I saw Iron Maiden and Lauren Harris(I think) opened for them. Everyone sucked except for the guitarist who shredded.
ya i agree with u love hate heroes guitarist is sick. afi's guitarist is amazing in the studio but he writes for 2 guitars and when they play like he doesnt use samples so hell play the lead naked without the rythm guitar part. lol it killed me when i saw them live cause u had to like use your imagination with it lol.
Quote by DeanMarkleysDad
ya i agree with u love hate heroes guitarist is sick. afi's guitarist is amazing in the studio but he writes for 2 guitars and when they play like he doesnt use samples so hell play the lead naked without the rythm guitar part. lol it killed me when i saw them live cause u had to like use your imagination with it lol.

Yeah same with Lovehatehero, they only have 1 guitarist... so it was missing a lot, but still, it was pretty amazing... extremely cool guy, too :P
I guess Mick Thompson from Slipknot would qualify. Hes not bad, a pretty good riffer, but having a sub-par "metal" vocalist in Corey somthing-or-other kinda brings him and the other guy down. I really dont like Slipknot, but this is really the only one i could think of.

EDIT: If you mean that because of the band, the guitar player is underrated, i would say Jade Pugett of AFI. Dancing thru Sunday is a really simple song, but the solo is almost mind-blowing coming from him, mostly because you just dont expect it. And he pretty much does have to write for two in the studio, but does a pretty decent job of live playing.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Nov 3, 2008,
yes. my band is like that.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by wigamortis
Yes I saw Iron Maiden and Lauren Harris(I think) opened for them. Everyone sucked except for the guitarist who shredded.

so true...
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by DeanMarkleysDad

Ya jade can play, I'd love to see him throw down more solos, theres only one on each last record and there both short.
that entire genre ("stupid little faggotish bands" by what you said, seems like a fair assesment) is altogether unappealing to me, but my sister is way into that scene. being a jam band fan and hearing a variety of this genre's guitarists, i can say that there are plenty of them out there in the same mold, way too good for the band they're in. but what can you say? they dig the genre/style, so they'll play whatever they play

have you ever heard of dance gavin dance? their guitarist is pretty awesome

it just seems like wasted potential to me. play some jazz
Rock'n'Roll

#120 Member of the 'Linkin Park Sucks' Club. PM Whstripesrox to join.

what's on a dairy farm? Cows

what is a male cow? A Bull

What is a colloquialism for fallacy? Bullshit

little bit slow aren't we?
Its not a good band and he is a crappy guitarist.
IMO
He fails.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Jack White of White Stripes. The drummer chick totally drags down what he could do.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by qotsa1998
I guess Mick Thompson from Slipknot would qualify. Hes not bad, a pretty good riffer, but having a sub-par "metal" vocalist

Hahahahah, stop. That's not singing D:

Well, I think Bootsy Collins is too good of a bassist for the rest of his band, but...

That's it. Good guitarists will be better welcomed into better bands, and will be able to have higher standards while looking for a band to join, and vice versa. It all sort of makes sense if you think about it.
My band is like that. I mean they all suck so bad. Just kidding.

I don't think that guitarist was so awesome as to stand out from the band really
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Corey Taylor has an amazing voice and presents some nice ideas and emotions in his work. If your too stupid to appreciate that, its your own fault.
Quote by reelbigfish2020
Corey Taylor has an amazing voice and presents some nice ideas and emotions in his work. If your too stupid to appreciate that, its your own fault.

Thank you, sir

Also, Jim Root > Mick Thomson

I saw them live, Jim does all the solos
Quote by Rock Pig
Fair dos.

See my point?

Yeah, but when the chorus kicks in...

"And the rain will kill us all, if we throw ourselves against the wall"

that's probably one of the best choruses out there... and a very good voice, very versatile IMO

I'm not a big fan of Slipknot either... but i give them credit for what they do :P

EDIT: If i could pick any singer in the world for my band, it would be Corey Taylor, he can do pretty much any style
Quote by xJuan91x
Yeah, but when the chorus kicks in...

"And the rain will kill us all, if we throw ourselves against the wall"

that's probably one of the best choruses out there... and a very good voice, very versatile IMO

I'm not a big fan of Slipknot either... but i give them credit for what they do :P

EDIT: If i could pick any singer in the world for my band, it would be Corey Taylor, he can do pretty much any style

Alright, fair enough. But the vast majority of his work I hear is dumb screaming.

In response to your edit: HOW COULD YOU NOT PICK FREDDIE MERCURY?

Edit: not quite what the thread is asking, but Roger Taylor (of queen drums) wasn't quite up to the standard of the rest of the band.
Quote by Rock Pig
Alright, fair enough. But the vast majority of his work I hear is dumb screaming.

I agree, and thats why i hate most Slipknot songs... though Stone Sour can get really good... listen to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA_rH9EYWVc

It's amazing how he gets from nonsense AHHHHHHH **** THIS WORLD BLAH BLAH BLAH to stuff like that.

In response to your edit: HOW COULD YOU NOT PICK FREDDIE MERCURY?

OMG HOW COULD I FORGET!?!?!? AHHH!!!!
Almost any screamo band. Their guitarists are usaully total technicians but the rest of the band will suck hard.
I was talking about this subject with my friend, He claimed bullet for my valentine or Devil wears Prada (crappy new metal bands so excuse me if I get them mixed up) I hate screaming so that's where this convo came up. I REALLY like the guitarist for this band called The Degenerics, they're a local band from NJ and their guitarist is sick, but its punk/really terrible screaming/screamo so I can't stand it. Bury my heart has such a sick riff, however being a punk band they don't really solo although I'm sure he could very well. My sisters friend has played with them and said hes amazing at almost anything in terms of guitar.

Heres the bands myspace check out bury my heart and send in the clones, GUITAR ONLY
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Darkest Hour.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Rock Pig

Well, I think Bootsy Collins is too good of a bassist for the rest of his band, but...

P-Funk?!

Or a different band (like a solo project)?
Saint Louis Blues