Okay so my last thread yielded some interesting results. I'm beginning my search for a new guitar and I've been looking at ESP's and schecters mainly just because theres a lot in my price range (about 650 USD, give or take some). I'm going to GuitarCenter and SamAsh this weekend so I wanted to ask another question because, well, that's what you guys are her for.

I had been looking mainly at guitars with SD 59/JB pup configurations and stuff similar, but i was recommended some guitars with EMG's. I was skeptical because I didn't want to lose all my cleans but I checked out sound clips and videos with guitars that had emg-60/81 combos and the 60's had pretty good cleans to my surprise.

Now my question is that a lot of the guitars I've been looking at have a counterpart that has this set up.

I was looking at the ESP LTD EC-400VF quite a bit and then there's the ESP LTD EC-500 which is pretty much the same guitar, only it has a different finish and EMG-60/81's instead of SD 59/JB's.

I play a lot of different stuff, lots of MUSE because theres a lot thats about my level, but when I improvise its a lot more jazz or bluesy so cleans are still on my list. I play a little metal and when I get better I'll definitely play a lot of it.

So my question is, if theres a case where I have the option of two similar guitars, the key difference being active/passive pickups, which would be better in my case since versatility is huge? I don't want to be limited so I was wondering, since I do a LOT of different stuff which way I should go

I realize that was a bit of an essay but thanks to all those who help!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Muse stuff will adore those high output EMGs, being that the guitar is pretty drowned in fuzz.

I have no idea about EMG 60s. Don't know what they are, but I would guess they're a lower output type EMG. If so, cleans should be quite good, but be wary of sound doctoring on the clip you saw and that.
Well the clips i saw were mainly people on youtube lol so i doubt that they were doctored, but yeah i mean i know muse will probably be okay with EMG's but how does just like normal, non-metal, non fuzz, distortion sound, stuff that not too too heavy?
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab