K so here's the problem - whenever i play anything within a half step or two of A (on either the E or A strings), the sound just penetrates through like no other; the low/mids/highs on my bass are at ~4/6/6, lowering the bass makes the lower notes sorta weak, and changing the mids doesn't do anything; my amp is on 5/2/9/8 for lows/low mid/hi mid/high; as you can see, my low mids are already pretty low

Am i going about this the wrong way, or could it be something about my room's acoustics (i'm in a fairly small dorm room) (and i have a plastic bag over my amp to keep it safe from the rain)?
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
sounds like acoustics to me... if it's in a corner try moving it against a flat wall away from corners.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
do you have a cut/boost pre-amp? or is it a 1 through 10 setting? If you have 1-10 preamp, then try setting everything to 5, then proceed to cut or boost to your liking. But most bass amps have the -5/+5 preamp section, so it seems as though you are boosting your high mids too much. Although that brings definition to the lower register, it lacks body. Plus, try changing where you strike the note. That will have a huge difference.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
i always play in 10/10/10 because it always sounds fine to me and theres not too much or too little of anything. Pickup selector and tone i change for different songs.
Quote by benomino324
i always play in 10/10/10 because it always sounds fine to me and theres not too much or too little of anything. Pickup selector and tone i change for different songs.

I bet it would sound a little nicer if you stayed 5/5/5 and just turned up more
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom