I have been searching through the used gear on the local area craigslist and I have found 2 amps that I thought might be good to look into.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/msg/902142769.html

I have yet to talk to this guy about prices..anyone have a ballpark number for one of these? and would it be a good amp to buy for metal AND blues sounds?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/msg/891794976.html

Im going to look at this one later in the week..seems very versitile and something that I have already looked into before, But I did notice that the optional footswitch for it is 180 bux new at GC. anyone have pics of this footswitch so I might have a better idea what to look for. Also lookin for advice about this amp and wondering if you think it is a good deal.

Edit: I know these arent very comparable but they caught my eye so let me know what you think
thanks for the info ****ers! no its not a ****in joke and you didnt answer any of my ****in questions...if you dont have suggestions or answers shut the **** up
the mesa is a gigging and VERY loud and high quality jam amp

the vypyr.. regardless how big. is technically a practice amp.. tho passable in jam room settings in comparison.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
^^hahahahahahhahahhaha.
Do you think your making me feel bad with those stars man.
Its funny how you just reacted like a littel child.
Quote by THEKID546
^^hahahahahahhahahhaha.
Do you think your making me feel bad with those stars man.
Its funny how you just reacted like a littel child.

and now you're taunting him like a little kid?

back on topic, with a screen name like metalhead, it'll be hard to go wrong with the mesa combo. the vypyr simply won't stand up against it.. even if you decide you're not too thrilled with the mesa later on, you can still sell it for a good buck since people are USUALLY looking for mesas to buy.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by THEKID546
WTF.
is this some sort of joke.
it seems like a waste of a thread.

Tbh that seems like a waste of a post and your time... but who am I to judge?

Tbh Mesa's are AWESOME amps. I'd strongly considering selling a kidney to buy one (pretty much one of the few was to afford on in the UK at any rate!). I honestly can't reccomend them strongly enough.

But that is for my tastes, yours could be different, you might wanna post some bands you like the sound of so others can give you a better judgement.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
^what can i say, its in the name.
^+1 to what he said.
Im just saying its like putting a shitty pinto next to a ferrari and then asking strangers wich one you should buy with your money.
And then what do I say buy the pinto, you cant make your own mind up and get the ferrari when you can easily afford it.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Nov 3, 2008,
well thanks for your oppinion and yes i know everyone on here worships mesa.. i personally havent tried one ive just heard all the constant good stuff about them...do they have a good clean bluesy tone?

the peavey seemed very versitile and i wanted to keep it in mind if i CANT get the mesa...so i wanted to know what you thought about it...it has nothin to do with a ferrari and a pinto either im aware these arent very comparable you tool....look at my first post (hint: the edit!!)
if you want blues your not ganna find it in the peavey vypyr look at other modelers like the cube and the valvetronix.

I like the cube better than the peavey or valvetronix, cause its not really leanning towards one side like the VOx and peavey, ones more for hard rock and bluues and the other is for metal, the cube can do everything those amps cant do.

and yes they do have a good clean bluesy tone, you just got to go out and try it yourself.
Quote by THEKID546
if you want blues your not ganna find it in the peavey vypyr look at other modelers like the cube and the valvetronix.

I like the cube better than the peavey or valvetronix, cause its not really leanning towards one side like the VOx and peavey, ones more for hard rock and bluues and the other is for metal, the cube can do everything those amps cant do.

and yes they do have a good clean bluesy tone, you just got to go out and try it yourself.

I'm sorry but the Vypyr can do blues. My friend plays in a local blues band and when I told him I had a Vypyr he wanted to check it out. He was able to get a pretty good blue tone out of it. He shut the amp of without saving the setting (he didn't know how to save it) or I would post it. All I can tell you is the amp model was the Twn or Dlx (he's a Fender nut). He was playing his Fender MIA Strat, too.

Given the 2 amp choices I'd get the Mesa but If you can't get it the Vypyr is not that bad. Give one a try if you can.
^hahahahahahhahahha.
^^oh and yah i know any amp can do anything if you set it up right EQ wise, what im saying is if it can do it good, and IMO it cant.
Everything both of those amps cant pull of good like metal to the VOX or blues to the Vypyr the roland can handle very well.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Nov 3, 2008,
really???? even comparing a Mesa to a Peavey modeling amp is heresy!!!!! blasphemy!!!!!

that is all...
Quote by THEKID546
^hahahahahahhahahha.
^^oh and yah i know any amp can do anything if you set it up right EQ wise, what im saying is if it can do it good, and IMO it cant.
Everything both of those amps cant pull of good like metal to the VOX or blues to the Vypyr the roland can handle very well.

I'm not trying to argue with you. I honestly didn't think it would do blues very well either and I even told my friend that. He wanted to try it anyway and I was surprised that he got that good of a sound out of it. He was impressed by it too. The others might do it better I haven't played a Vox very much and I never played a Roland Cube at all so they might be better.
^ill have to give it another whirl, was your friend using single coils or hums.

last time i tried it with a single coils and thats why i tough it was really horrible, and then it hit me one day, i was to ballsy to straight out say it was crap cause i was playing through singles.

So i went back and played trough hummies, and it was superb, still think the cleans where awefull, but your word i take seriusly and ill have to give it another shot for the blues.
Quote by THEKID546
^ill have to give it another whirl, was your friend using single coils or hums.

last time i tried it with a single coils and thats why i tough it was really horrible, and then it hit me one day, i was to ballsy to straight out say it was crap cause i was playing through singles.

So i went back and played trough hummies, and it was superb, still think the cleans where awefull, but your word i take seriusly and ill have to give it another shot for the blues.

He was playing Fender MIA Strat with 3 singles but they're not the stock pickups. I remember him saying it was a set with Texas in the name but I can't remember exactly what he said they were.
Texas specials, easily the best pups fender makes.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
He didn't use them, but that's what they put in the srv strat. His number one had original 1959 pups.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
^yah i heard of that to, something about the PUPS on his OG guitar being a freak accident and them playing hotter than they actually were able to or something, so to duplicate that sound they use Texas Hots instead.