Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
None really. It's all about preference. I love a Marshally British sounds with lots of mids and a smooth, lower gain drive. But some people don't like this.

However, amps to stay away from: Line 6 spider, Marshall MG, Fender Frontman.
Dont decide by brand, go by specific models. What is your budget and styles of playing?
You are going to get so many mixed review on this. I play Fenders because I like their cleans and ability to use effects so well. But I can't tell you what you to get. Try them out and see which one you like best because I can tell you how amazing I think a VoxAC30 or Marshall JCM800 is but you can hear one and think it is total crap. I know it doesn't sound like help but it is all up to you. And when you play them you will understand.
If you dont have an unlimited amount of money, I say the best cheap amp would be a Crate V18 or V33, depending on how much wattage and control you want over your sound. If you do have an unlimited amount of money, the best new amp Id say would be something from Egnator or Blackstar perhaps. I really like the features on the new Rebel head from Egnator, and its only $600.
^have you played that thing.
its no better than a crate or a BJ, all that variable wattage and tube mix are just whats the word im looking for here, ok there we go gimmixks.
dude.....you dont compare fender to a marshall..you got it all wrong.
fenders have the best cleans out of any amp, they are aimed for blues, jazz, country, soft rock, and overdriven rock(you can get good Ac/Dc OD outta them).
marshall on the other hand is for stuff like megadeth, guns n roses, etc...with "crushing overdrive", that type of thing.
whats your style, budget, and guitar?
Quote by paulseagull08
get a roland cube

Now how in the hell could you recommend that amp when you have never played one or even heard it?
Quote by Sin City Sid
Now how in the hell could you recommend that amp when you have never played one or even heard it?

lol coz im getin one and it looks a beast lol
Read the FAQ, please. This thread is a vs. thread. If you actually want help getting an amp, start a thread with your budget, styles you play, location, etc etc.