I was wondering if ug bass has tried or had a steinberger bass and liked it. What kind of tone do you get and could you show me some music with it being used. I am visually intrigued by them, and the headlessness. I was wondering if it was worth my time.
played one onces, it was pretty sweet it kinda feels different from your normal precision bass but it sura as hell sound mighty and awsome i say you could play almost anything,it was really versatile!
cheers
I know they're used for a lot of raggae music, becouse of the deep tones you can get with them.
I have yet to find one to try one myself, though, I'm pretty intrugued by them as well
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
I know Geddy Lee used one at some point in his career but I can't remember exactly when.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
the Steinbergers were very futuristic for their time, and are very collectable now but,
the Graphite body of the originals had a very distinct "plastic" sound, that soon ended their popularity with pro bass players. i have a photo of Devo using one in my profile pics.
From what I hear, the new Synapse models are awesome. They have active EMG's, in addition to a piezo, and about the most stable neck you can find anywhere...sounds good to me.
Nope, no sig here.
didnt fat mike from NOFX play one with a P-bass neck at one point?
Quote by Mutant Corn
From what I hear, the new Synapse models are awesome. They have active EMG's, in addition to a piezo, and about the most stable neck you can find anywhere...sounds good to me.

I was thinking about the spirit models.
Some look very spacey. Never played one there probably quite a unique tone and a love em or hate em bass.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
i played one in a shop before. they are extremely light. nice tone, very deep. i was standing up and playing it for about a half hour and my shoulder felt fine afterward. not a fan of the neck, i don't much like the finish.
GAS List:
Nothing
Quote by Flummery
i played one in a shop before. they are extremely light. nice tone, very deep. i was standing up and playing it for about a half hour and my shoulder felt fine afterward. not a fan of the neck, i don't much like the finish.

What kind of shape is the neck in, and what is so bad about the finish?