Sup dudes.

Gonna get me either a Bugera 333 or a Randall 50 watt tube job for xmas, but i was wondering.

Shop i work at has an ex display zoom pedal, a ZOOM G9.2TT, to be exact, on the cheap, and cos i cant afford a massive pedal board with delay, chorus, flange, phase and all the other wonderful effects i wish to have, would combining one of said amps and this pedal sound TERRIBLE or would it be ok/good?

Cheers for the advice dudes
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
its opinion if you ask me, the best way to find out is to go try it yourself.
your not ganna find an answer here.
We dont have any tube amps in at work.

Aside from a small blackheart and a terrible ashton job, xmas has made us sell out, new stock aint in for a while.

Curious if other GGAA dudes have tried such combinations yasee.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
As I'm sure you're aware, sound is a very subjective thing. What might sound good to me could sound like total crap to you. I think your best option is to audition the pedal with the amp you want to purchase. If this isn't possible, then you can always buy the cheap pedal and hang onto it until you get your amp. If you don't like it, sell it or trade it in on something better. Since you're buying a decent amp, why skimp on the pedal? Isn't that kind of like buying a Porsche, but putting a Kia engine in it? Good luck!!!
It should sound fine.

A lot of the new multi-fx boards today have really nice effects in them. Unless I was planning to spend $200+ on nothing but boutique stompboxes, I think multi fx are the way to go as far as bang for your buck.

Since you are getting a fairly nice amp, I would try to stick with strictly "stompbox" effects from your multi-fx, rather than amp modeling.

Amp "modeling" on an already great tube amp is kind of defeating the purpose IMO, but I've heard it done very well before.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Even if you try the pedal with just any ol' tube amp, the sound is going to be different from the amp Santa is bringing you. My Peavey and Mesa sound totally different from each other - each unique, but each good.
It should be fine -- that is what a do personally. Couple things to try out though if you get a chance. Check to see how it sounds when you plug it in dirrect or use it via an effects return.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60