so ive had this reissue guitar for a pretty long time and the high e string finally snapped so i got some new strings. Its different then any other guitar ive had before tho, and im not to sure how to restring it. I tried just simply sticking the string down the whole, bending it, and then turning the nobs to wrap the string around but it doesnt feel right...
Take it to your local shop so it doesnt mess up
Quote by Bamitchell
So you have possible wang cancer and your on drugs? PWNT.

"Money Can't Buy Life" - Bob Marley
then i dont learn anything... and I have to pay money.
I just realized I think i need to precut the strings. I guess pull it tight and cut where it meets the nob?

can I just cut the strings with scissors?
huh? what do you mean it doesn't feel right. i have a 57 reissued and i have absolutely no problem restringing it whatsoever
Same as a 2008 Strat. (And any other ones, im just guessing but i dont see why they would make a difference.)
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by KennySG
Same as a 2008 Strat. (And any other ones, im just guessing but i dont see why they would make a difference.)

no i see what he's talking about. on reissues and vintage strats. they have different tuning heads, therefore its a different way restringing them
tis like a bass cut a bit off pull to add tention and turn
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by element166
Take it to your local shop so it doesnt mess up

LOL.
How do you mess up a strat restringing it?

Anyway, i think he's talking about split tuners.

I believe you put the first loop over the top of the end that's sticking out., kind sir.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer