I've been playing guitar for a few months, and finally decided to switch to bass. I jsut ordered my bass today. Any tips for a new bass player? And can you play a bass with a pick?
What?! you changed guitar for bass? i though thats people who play bass had just no money to afford a six cords instrument so they buy one with 4 cords!
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
^ i assume by chords you mean strings?

Like blue_strat, head over to the bass guitar forum, and/or guitar and bass basics. They will be more than willing to help you, and yes, you can play with a pick.

Just a reminder that this is the new member forum, no guitar related questions allowed.

You probably should have went to a music store and played a bass before getting one. My friend can shred amazingly on guitar, but can'y play anything on bass.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by Geezus
What?! you changed guitar for bass? i though thats people who play bass had just no money to afford a six cords instrument so they buy one with 4 cords!

Don't be soo stupid. Bass isn't cheaper than guitar at all.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by Warpath23
I've been playing guitar for a few months, and finally decided to switch to bass. I jsut ordered my bass today. Any tips for a new bass player? And can you play a bass with a pick?

You can play a guitar with a violin bow. It's personal preference.

With/without a pick does have two very different sounds though, just see what you like.