So, I'm going skiing/snowboarding again over xmas, and want to have more knowledge of boarding before I go.

Does anyone know any sites/youtube videos/podcasts/whatever with some beginner lessons in snowboarding? I'm pretty sure my technique is wrong, so think it'd be good to go over it a bit.

Thanks guys!
get a long board if you really want to train. skateboard btw...and for lessons....
SEARCH BAR
Quote by athlete1
get a long board if you really want to train. skateboard btw...and for lessons....
SEARCH BAR

I do skate a bit. Well, did, my board's bust. Besides, it's not that similar.

And I've tried searching.
Snowboarding > Skiing
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by monkeysintheday
Skiing is easier. Just so you know.

I know, and I can ski pretty funking well

Look at me go (and yes, I know my skis aren't COMPLETELY parallel and my arm's a bit out, but I got the fastest slalom time outta my school!)
Tip #1: Don't fall.
Tip #2: If you fall, get back up.
Tip #3: Don't go down a big hill.

That's it.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by hell_monkey
Snowboarding > Skiing

back flip on skis > back flip on snowboard

(i can do both)

I tend to ski alot more then snowboard because I find skiers who are very aggressive and do stunts are alot rarer then snowboarders. I find doing tricks on skis alot harder. I mean come on you can't ski backwards on a snowboard.
There is nothing really to learn about snowboarding, it's super simple and very easy once you get the hang of it. But the initial learning curve is very steep so if you weren't very good the first time you went, you will most likely suck pretty bad again this time.
It's kinda difficult to learn at first, but once you get past the basics, it's pretty easy. Odds are, you WILL fall a lot; just get back up and try again xD.

And take it slow, don't try anything big or even remotely big at first lol.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
Quote by Ringtone
It's kinda difficult to learn at first, but once you get past the basics, it's pretty easy. Odds are, you WILL fall a lot; just get back up and try again xD.

And take it slow, don't try anything big or even remotely big at first lol.

+1 In my 5 or so years of being a snowboarder I have taken numerous first timers with me and have found that about half of them will get really frustrated and quit after one day. DONT do this no matter what. I can pretty much guarantee than even if you hated your first day after a few times you will love it.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
You will fall
You will get back up
You will try again

always like that , from your first time to park session
if u give up , u wont progress
I've done a couple of weeks of boarding and can get down blues confidently, some reds.

Only I think my technique's wrong. When I turn, I really swing my back foot around, because if I don't, I start turning, face down the hill, and just speed up