at the moment im playing on a crate GT1200h and 4x12 which i am unhappy with. i would like to invest in a tube amp but am unsure of what i would want, im just looking for suggestions on what i should be looking for. playing style is hendrix and zappa style of blues but i do like to harden it up at times, probably tone wise id be looking at pearl jam do the evolution sort of sound. as for budget probably $1500AUS. really just want to hear advice and serious suggestions, thanks
You see... It's a Crate. Of course you'll be unhappy with it.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Look into clones, there money better spent than going out and buying reissues.
Clones, like ceriatone, are made of exactly, or close to what ever amp there trying to clone, they actually do it bettor than companies who are used to make the amp and are now making reisues.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
You see... It's a Crate. Of course you'll be unhappy with it.

thanks for your worthless post, im unhappy because its ss... but thanks
Hughes and Kettner Statesman (the 20 watt variant) would be worth looking into. It's fantastic for classic rock and blues, and it'll do a good job at modern rock too.
Vox...most don't even go up that expensive, and are top notch. they would fit you well. then buy a distortion/overdrive pedal, and use the left over 500(probably somewhere around there) and mod your current guitar.
/\
||
||
||
sounds good doesn't it?
Quote by athlete1
Vox...most don't even go up that expensive, and are top notch. they would fit you well. then buy a distortion/overdrive pedal, and use the left over 500(probably somewhere around there) and mod your current guitar.

He's in australia, an AC30 is probably around 2k or so.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
He's in australia, an AC30 is probably around 2k or so.

hahaha aww...that sucks.
Quote by athlete1
/\
||
||
||
sounds good doesn't it?

1500AU = 1000ish US

aud = weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak

does sound sexy though... i regret listening to brother in law and buying a breed
I'd look at a nice fender. Used of course.

Maybe a 65 twin reverb? A Hughes and Kettner switchblade?

The ac30, how much would that be used?

Remember, used is the best way.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
I'd look at a nice fender. Used of course.

Maybe a 65 twin reverb? A Hughes and Kettner switchblade?

The ac30, how much would that be used?

Remember, used is the best way.

Can't go wrong with a twin reverb. Need a good petal board to back it up though. Still they always sound great.

Switchblade wouldn't be a good choice. They're great amps, but I'd put them more in the hard rock/metal/shred category. I will again suggest a Statesman
Quote by icronic
Hughes and Kettner Statesman (the 20 watt variant) would be worth looking into. It's fantastic for classic rock and blues, and it'll do a good job at modern rock too.

$1850 AUD makes me wanna cry... any other suggestions anyone?
Quote by IamViva
$1850 AUD makes me wanna cry... any other suggestions anyone?

Dear god your money sucks Only cost me a little under $1000 CAD

You could go for a Peavey Classic or some kind of Traynor. Those are about the only things that would be even remotely worth looking at in that price range.
Quote by icronic
Dear god your money sucks Only cost me a little under $1000 CAD

You could go for a Peavey Classic or some kind of Traynor. Those are about the only things that would be even remotely worth looking at in that price range.

no need to tell me that our dollar sucks

but....im in love the statesman is hoooot! think ill save my ass off. 1 question though, does the 20w have enough power to gig? the 60w is $800 more
It should be heard over a drummer, you should be micing up at gigs anyways.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by IamViva
no need to tell me that our dollar sucks

but....im in love the statesman is hoooot! think ill save my ass off. 1 question though, does the 20w have enough power to gig? the 60w is $800 more

There's also a 40 watt if you're really concerned.

But I gig with mine, and most of the time I don't even need to bother micing it unless we're playing a room with more than 500 people. It's a very loud amp. The 20 watt will generally start to break up a bit at gig volume, especially if you're using high output humbuckers, but you can roll back the guitars volume to compensate, and the breakup sounds good anyway.