So my school district requires every student to do a graduation project. The student can pick what they want to do, something that is approved by teachers, and must spend 60 hours on it.

I want to do something with music. Not like writing a song, but more like gaining more experience as a musician or audio engineer.

Any suggestions?
Only the blue sky and the green grass
Go on forever in this world
Where seconds feel like eternity
And years pass in blink of an eye
I dunno if you live in the same area as I do. Where are you in relation to Lancaster?
I'm pretty that's a statewide requirement, though. Don't think you're so special.
I like Fall Out Boy.
That is all.
record an album
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
You could explore different types of music (rock pop R&B classical country) and see what themes unify them together and also what makes them different. And if you have to present a piece you could do a kick ass mix of all the genres
Quote by bassist12
I dunno if you live in the same area as I do. Where are you in relation to Lancaster?
I'm pretty that's a statewide requirement, though. Don't think you're so special.

I am from Quakertown, not too far.

I despise the whole idea as I see no benefits from it and the class 2 grades down from me does not even have to do it!
Express music but not with an instrument.
Think...
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Well, if you're close enough to Lititz, you could shadow someone at Claire Bros. But I don't really know where Quakertown is.

A few of my friends are thinking of building a guitar and stuff along those lines. You could think about that.
I like Fall Out Boy.
That is all.
Build a guitar, I was going to do that in year12 but left at the end of yr11
I was goin to build something like a gibby Les Paul cause shaping the body on those things takes ages! If you do though buy the fret board finished, cause if your 1mm out on any of the frets it will never play in-tune
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by HuGs_N_KiSsEs
You could explore different types of music (rock pop R&B classical country) and see what themes unify them together and also what makes them different. And if you have to present a piece you could do a kick ass mix of all the genres

This is a good idea. Would be fun AND educational! DOUBLE WHAMMY!
Workin' hard or hardly workin'?

Wow...I'm glad my school doesn't require anything like that. Could you plan a show and play in it? That would take time, but also lots of money. Maybe you could incorporate some sort of fundraiser.
Great ideas guys!

I am liking the album and show idea
I'm making an album for my Senior Project. It's gonna be about 5-6 songs.

I say go with that if you have all the necessary materials. I'm gonna be able to use my schools recording studio (yes, we have an entire recording studio), so that will be nice.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
dude im from Brookville pa... bout 20 minutes from punxatawny. i built a guitar for mine... it turned out pretty well... in my school there are 51 seniors that havent done one yet and arnt gonna graduate unless they do one
My rig:
Gibson faded V
Dean Razorback
Fender Showman Strat
Dean Dimebag Tribute ML
Custom guitar
Boss ME-50
Marshall AVT50H

92% of teenagers have moved to rap, put this in your sig if you're in the 8% that still listens to real music.