I've been using Rotosounds regularly for a long time, and although I do like them a lot, I think it's time for a change.

I'm looking for a pretty round, clear tone that has some punch. I play a five-string standard gauge, and wouldn't mind experimenting with some heavier ones (135s, maybe?)

I've heard good things about Warwick and DR strings. Also Thomastik-Infelds, but they seem to be pretty light-gauge. Not to mention they're a bit on the expensive side. Same with Elixers.

I've already tried Ernie Balls and D'Addarios, and wasn't too thrilled.

Also, I live in Texas, so it's a no-go on Stadium Elites.
If you want some good bright strings for cheap try www.webstrings.com

They are better than you would expect for the price, not in rotosound league though.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I don't really like too many others than Rotosound. I mean, they hold their tuning quite well compared to most others. I have heard good things about DR though, but I've never used em.
DR is great.

but why do you have to change? you know what you like. stick to it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
D'Addarios are the only strings worth playing.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
DR Sunbeams are probably the most consistent, balanced, high-quality rounds out there. I would recommend them even though I prefer Rotos for their bite and because I am a Jaco fanboy.
Quote by CurbstompBass
I like them, but I don't have enough experience with other brands to know if I like Rotos more than the rest.

I've played Fender, DR, Rotosound, Ernie Balls, Elites, D'Addarios, and of the above,

1) Roto
2) DR
3) Elites
4) Ernie Ball/ D'Addario
5) Fender

that is how I rank them.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Go with DR Highbeams if you like Rotosounds, but want something not quite as 'edgy'.

Edit: Dean Markley Blue Steels are also pretty damn good as well, but I've only had one set of them.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Last edited by CLIFF_BURTON at Nov 3, 2008,