Just wondering what settings I would be using to re-create Metallica's tone on Death Magnetic.

I am to understand there are several different tones on the album. More specifically I am looking for the tones used in The Day That Never Comes.

Thanks guys!
My toys:

BC Rich Platinum Warlock
Mako Strat Copy
ION Electric-Acoustic
Behringer V-Tone GMX212
ION Acoustic Practice Amp
Korg PX4D Effects Processor
Ultimate Setting Thread, go now, it's stickied.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Don't forget the thousands of dollars worth of producing!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Bite your strings really hard while moving your fingers randomly across the fretboard with the distortion set ridiculously high. Turn off the distortion for the intro though.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
Well, I looked in the Settings Thread. I didn't find anything for Death Magnetic. Could someone point me in the right direction?
My toys:

BC Rich Platinum Warlock
Mako Strat Copy
ION Electric-Acoustic
Behringer V-Tone GMX212
ION Acoustic Practice Amp
Korg PX4D Effects Processor
Seriously...just tweek your settings till you get something close that you like. You will never sound just like it and no can say exactly how your setup will sound with X settings.
basically a setting with heavy distortion and spiked mids
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
IMO, I found Death Magnetic actually has quite a bit of mids in it, and the clean for that song has a really clean clean. I found I could get a pretty decent tone close to what you wanted out of my Bugera, but unfortunately every amp is different, so what I have set may not work for your amp. The production isn't the best on the album, but they would have some pretty decent tone if it would have been recorded right.
You also need to take into account that there's a pretty huge chance they won't have even used the same amp for the cleans and distortion.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?