Okay i really got to like the idea of building an amp, and was wondering...how much do the kits cost and where do you get them?
I know you can buy seperate parts, but since i have never built an amp before, would it be wiser to just buy a kit? Any help is much appreciated.
Ceriatone, and Ted weber sell fairly inexpensive kits. Are you awesome at soldering yet? I'd build a few effect pedals first to wet your appetite and hone your soldering skills.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Generalguitargadgets.com has some kits for cheaper. Less instructions, but they're all pretty easy TBH.
Yup. I like build your own clone, but if you're not doing one of their cooler pedals (the wah, the triboost, the eq, or the rat) then you might as well save your money.
The ping pong does sound very nice. Have you seen the new analog delay? That circuit board is frightening.

^^Yeah, just make sure you order the confidence boost with it so you can practice before you get to the real thing. It's free with your first order.
Kits vary in price depending on the quality of materials in the kit. They can be anywhere from a few hundred to thousands of dollars. I spent nearly as much building an amp as it would have cost me to buy the Marshall reissue (of course it's a far superior amp, but it was not a cheap endeavor and took a lot of time and effort)

Chances are if you are not familiar with the whole deal, you'll probably want to order a kit rather than sourcing all the parts yourself.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
yeah. i was tempted to get their delay, but i'm saving up for an Orange TT instead.

for the wah, do you have your own already? you can get the BYOC kit without the housing, and its a good bit cheaper.

i have one but its not very good...so this wah i would want to be good because it would be my primary one.
and how do i look at the price lists and all the different models on the web???
and it looks like they dont have any U.S. dealers...could this be a problem?
Quote by stratdud39
i have one but its not very good...so this wah i would want to be good because it would be my primary one.
and how do i look at the price lists and all the different models on the web???
and it looks like they dont have any U.S. dealers...could this be a problem?

i believe you can direct order from BYOC, and the prices should be with the main page for the kit.

edit: the BYOC kit is $95 for the drop in kit
Quote by Skierinanutshel
^^^ you build the 18-watt clone? how'd that go?

yes.....i would be afraid of crossing something. although its amazing....and took them long enough to unveil it, but it was worth it i think.

I built a Metropoulos JTM45. It was fun, it took a while and a lot of time, but it was certainly worth it.

And yeah, it's a little bit scary dealing with the high voltage and whatnot, especially when you're testing, a finger slips on the probe, and sparks go a flying (yes this happened to me, luckily all that happened was I blew a fuse, phew...) but seriously, you're talking about 350VDC running through that amp, certainly way more than enough to give you a nice... death. yeah.
Quote by al112987
I built a Metropoulos JTM45. It was fun, it took a while and a lot of time, but it was certainly worth it.

And yeah, it's a little bit scary dealing with the high voltage and whatnot, especially when you're testing, a finger slips on the probe, and sparks go a flying (yes this happened to me, luckily all that happened was I blew a fuse, phew...)

awesome. glad you didnt get totally fried though.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
i believe you can direct order from BYOC, and the prices should be with the main page for the kit.

edit: the BYOC kit is $95 for the drop in kit

thanks, how did you find that though? The page keeps saying i need to download active x...and what does drop in mean.?
Quote by Skierinanutshel
"drop in" means that you have everything except the housing. kinda like how you "drop in" an engine into an empty car chassis.

weird, download active x...i can see the page just fine

thanks, and my computer is blocking active x...but i'll figure it out