Is it just me or has Countdown with Keith Olbermann been ripping The Daily Show with Jon Stewart off? Stewart has received much criticism for delivering the news with humor from many News Networks such as MSNBC and was even challenged by that weasel Tucker Carlson on Crossfire (If you haven't seen that episode check it out on youtube, hilarious.), but Olbermann (probably due to the Daily Show's ratings) has taken , or at least tries to take, the same approach. The only difference being that Olbermann isn't funny. The only part of Countdown that I find myself laughing at is Olbermann's failed attempts to burn Bill O'Reilly. None the less, I find it hypocritical that MSNBC shuns The Daily Show while it praises Countdown with Keith Olbermann. What say You?
I like both of them. I like Olbermann's commentary on the football pre and postgame, he is funny. I don't watch MSNBC b/c news networks should stick to the news and let Stewart and Colbert handle mocking the news. When I want LULZ I watch the Daily Show. I like to watch either CNN (although Wolf Blitzer gets annoying with his big ass board) or MSNBC (I like Olbermann but Mathews is hard to tolerate).
wtf? you cant have two shows with the same approach?

Clearly family guy should be off the air cuz the simpsons has the cartoon family comedy already in the bag......

one of thems also a real news show.
Quote by PRSweet
Is it just me or has Countdown with Keith Olbermann been ripping The Daily Show with Jon Stewart off? Stewart has received much criticism for delivering the news with humor from many News Networks such as MSNBC and was even challenged by that weasel Tucker Carlson on Crossfire (If you haven't seen that episode check it out on youtube, hilarious.), but Olbermann (probably due to the Daily Show's ratings) has taken , or at least tries to take, the same approach. The only difference being that Olbermann isn't funny. The only part of Countdown that I find myself laughing at is Olbermann's failed attempts to burn Bill O'Reilly. None the less, I find it hypocritical that MSNBC shuns The Daily Show while it praises Countdown with Keith Olbermann. What say You?

It's a COMEDY SHOW. NOT A NEWS PROGRAM. It's amazing that those morons at MSNBC and especially Tucker Carlson can't get that through their skulls. Stewart flat-out said that to Tucker Carlson's FACE, and he still didn't get it.

That said, they're all just bitter that the Daily Show is the only news source that doesn't lie and bullshit you around. Frankly, it's sad that we have to go to a standup comedian for the only truth in the news media any more.
You're*
For a news guy, Olbermann is pretty funny i think. Ill take Keith over any Fox guy anyday. Especially Bill O'Reily or Fox and Friends. But really, one show is news with humor, the other humor with news. Big difference i think.
I've learned everything I know about current events in America from Jon Stewart, and I think he paints a far clearer picture than almost any news network (american or otherwise) on TV today. The fact that he doesn't have to be politically correct at all makes his delivery far easier and his criticisms are often not only accurate, but they point out very relevant issues in a way that is amusing and hilarious.

Best show on television.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
I've learned everything I know about current events in America from Jon Stewart, and I think he paints a far clearer picture than almost any news network (american or otherwise) on TV today. The fact that he doesn't have to be politically correct at all makes his delivery far easier and his criticisms are often not only accurate, but they point out very relevant issues in a way that is amusing and hilarious.

Best show on television.

How would you know if you only get your news from him. You are an idiot.
Last edited by PureRockNRoll at Nov 3, 2008,
I've always disliked Olbermann, even before I saw his MSNBC broadcasts. He's bias and knows nothing of what he's talking about, using half-truths to sound smart.
John Stewart isn't funny.
Now Colbert is where it's at...
Quote by jmilli2
You're

There is a reason i majored in computers science.

PS: Besides I am from the south "your" is correct grammar down here.
Quote by RentACar
I've always disliked Olbermann, even before I saw his MSNBC broadcasts. He's bias and knows nothing of what he's talking about, using half-truths to sound smart.
John Stewart isn't funny.
Now Colbert is where it's at...

Well duh hes bias. But facts are facts.

And he lets you know when hes stating his OPINION unlike fox news.
Quote by kaosfire
Well duh hes bias. But facts are facts.

And he lets you know when hes stating his OPINION unlike fox news.

Why the heck do liberals keep bringing up fox news? We all know they lean right and most conservatives will agree. We also know all the other news channels lean left and the liberals tend not to see that for the most part.
Quote by PureRockNRoll
How would you know if you only get your news from him. You are an idiot.

I wasn't trying to address the issue, only to voice my approval of the Daily Show.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Olbermann sort of entertains me but I can't believe how incredibly biased he is, and how no one realizes. I'm not sure who's more biased, him or O'Reilly.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by kaosfire
wtf? you cant have two shows with the same approach?

Clearly family guy should be off the air cuz the simpsons has the cartoon family comedy already in the bag......

one of thems also a real news show.

My complaint is about he hypocrisy of MSNBC's affiliates criticizing the Daily Show and then having Olbermann on during their prime time doing the same thing. The fact that Countdown with Keith Olbermann is a real news show on a news network makes this even worse.
Quote by PureRockNRoll
Why the heck do liberals keep bringing up fox news? We all know they lean right and most conservatives will agree. We also know all the other news channels lean left and the liberals tend not to see that for the most part.
Bull

sheeet.

First off, none of the major news networks hold a candle to Faux News. MSNBC has one Keith Olbermann, every commentator on FN is a Keith Olbermann.

Second off, what's considered 'left' in this country is still pretty damn conservative compared to the rest of the world, so even if what you're saying was true, it wouldn't be saying much.
Quote by PRSweet
My complaint is about he hypocrisy of MSNBC's affiliates criticizing the Daily Show and then having Olbermann on during their prime time doing the same thing. The fact that Countdown with Keith Olbermann is a real news show on a news network makes this even worse.

its an actual news show......

not a fake news show......

im sure you can tell the difference.

(and who gives a shit about carlson, hes a dick)
Quote by blackflag49
Bull

sheeet.

First off, none of the major news networks hold a candle to Faux News. MSNBC has one Keith Olbermann, every commentator on FN is a Keith Olbermann.

Second off, what's considered 'left' in this country is still pretty damn conservative compared to the rest of the world, so even if what you're saying was true, it wouldn't be saying much.

Also, fox news claims to be "fair and balanced". Can they at least just stop that?
Quote by PureRockNRoll

I agree.

Personally I'm not into either show. I used to watch the Daily Show every now and then (mostly because it preceded Colbert Report), but know I just can't watch it. I just don't think he's funny.

Quote by beadhangingOne

Also, fox news claims to be "fair and balanced". Can they at least just stop that?
Once again, this is something that applies to both sides yet you only point out Fox's fault...

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Last edited by MTVget0FFtheAIR at Nov 4, 2008,
Quote by kaosfire

its an actual news show......

not a fake news show......

im sure you can tell the difference.

(and who gives a shit about carlson, hes a dick)

Are you that thick? We agree. Countdown with Keith Olbermann is a REAL news show on a REAL news network. The Daily Show is a comedy series and that is why it is on Comedy Central. Comedy Central is NOT a news network. Therefore, when Countdown with Keith Olbermann uses the same tactics that the Daily Show uses to deliver news it belittles MSNBC's integrity, and when considering that MSNBC by way of its anchors (not just Tucker Carlson) has ostracized the Daily Show it is very hypocritical.