I know I've been asking for alot of help on here, but does anyone know what kind of strings come on the Ibanez GSR190 Bass? The brand doesn't really matter, but I like the sound out of these, so when I get new ones, I want to get a similar gauge.
My Ibanez had this weird tag stating, 'this instrument is equipped with Elixir strings' or something along those lines.

The gauge hardly effects the sound. The gauge is more about playability with different tunings. The type of string is what affects the sound the most. There's flatwound, roundwound, and tapered strings, then nickel plated and stainless steel.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I have no idea what does make a difference though; I've only been playing 2 weeks... I need the specs.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
My Ibanez had this weird tag stating, 'this instrument is equipped with Elixir strings' or something along those lines.

These?
Quote by herby190

Yep. Those exactly. I checked to make sure. :P The same set that came with my Ibanez on my other bass, and the coating is hardly ruffled and the E string. After 2 years. (However the bass is hardly played), the elixir coating felt slippery to me so I switched strings soon after getting the bass.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Yep. Those exactly. I checked to make sure. :P The same set that came with my Ibanez on my other bass, and the coating is hardly ruffled and the E string. After 2 years. (However the bass is hardly played), the elixir coating felt slippery to me so I switched strings soon after getting the bass.

I know it doesn't matter too much, but do you know which gauge they were?
And the slippery feeling was a coating they use to try to keep it clean... it's kinda stupid...
Quote by herby190
45-105 meaning? (Yes, I am that big of a noob at bass)

the standard string gauge. 45-65-85-105 I think. I did just pull that off the top of my head though.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
the standard string gauge. 45-65-85-105 I think. I did just pull that off the top of my head though.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Yeah, the gauge is a measuring of the string's thickness. .45 G string .65 D string .85 A string .105 E string.

Oh, okay. Thanks. That's the exact thickness I was looking at for my new ones, so that works. Thanks!
ibanez have d'addario strings on their cheaper stuff. elixers are in their higher mids to top range basses.
Quote by the humanity

If it helps you remember, these are almost always referred to as "medium gauge," or something similar
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.