Alright, I'm new to wattage and what not because I'm a drummer first, but I am playing lead in a new band so here are my problems.

We played a gig last saturday and they said we would be mic'd but by that they meant the vocals, and bass drum, so my little 2x12 cabinet and 33watt tube head was no match for this decent sized empty room. It was horrible.

My question is, what can I do to have my amp have a little more "ohmpgf" in this situation?

If I added another cab, would it just distribute the wattage, or would it double the sound?

Would a tube screamer help me out?

Ugh.

Help please!
Les Paul, Strat, Tele
Carvin x100b, Epip VJr, Crate V33
Carvin 4x12, 2x12
how high was the volume on your amp? I always thought 30w was enough to gig with in your case.
I cranked it all the way up.

I had the gain all the way up too if that makes a difference.
Les Paul, Strat, Tele
Carvin 4x12, 2x12
If you had a 4x12 it would add 3 db, not much of an improvement.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Something makes me want to say your amp is messed up.

My Palomino feedbacks like a mofo and shakes wall with the Master on full and the gain on 3.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
This room was probably... 30x30 foot, probably bigger, and it was completely bare. Concrete floors, and dry wall... walls. The sound just went out in the room and stayed there. Everyone was like "We could hear you sorta okay, but there wasn't any intensity." And that's a big deal, I'm in a punk band. haha
Les Paul, Strat, Tele
Carvin 4x12, 2x12
You could try asking the sound guy to lower the volume of the mic'ed instruments... im pretty sure your amp can be loud enough

did they mic the bass? (not bass drum)
Schecter Synyster Gates Custom
Peavey Vypyr 75w
your amp should be able to go all out in that situation, i gots a 50 watter and and small magnet 2*12 that could easily go louder than a room could stand? maybe your tubes are old or arent biased right so there not putting out enough wattage?
oh actually after a little research (very little) it seems the gain channel on that amp is crap meaning you might be loud in terms of volume but not cutting through because the gain circuit is most likely solid state distortion witch is muddy and fizzy at best. best to just put your clean channel balls out or get an average OD pedal and you will be sweet. Meaning OD to clean channel bypass the gain circuit, i never really trusted gain circuits in amps anyhow.
I seriously bought this amp because people said the clean was so nice and I figured that would be the bes way to get a great distorted sound, start on a good clean channel, then add a great pedal to it.

BUT sometimes when I crank the clean channel, it acts like I turned on some gain... I just remember that too. Ugh. My amp is a goner isn't it? It's only like 3 weeks old.
Les Paul, Strat, Tele
Carvin 4x12, 2x12
What was your EQ like? If the mids were too low, you could have had trouble cutting through the rest of the band.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by JasonArp
I seriously bought this amp because people said the clean was so nice and I figured that would be the bes way to get a great distorted sound, start on a good clean channel, then add a great pedal to it.

BUT sometimes when I crank the clean channel, it acts like I turned on some gain... I just remember that too. Ugh. My amp is a goner isn't it? It's only like 3 weeks old.

That's the nature of tube amps. At this point I can only recommend that you take it to a shop/tech and have them check the tubes and bias. A 30x30 room should be rocking with a 30 watt amp cranked.
Quote by Aesop_Rock
oh actually after a little research (very little) it seems the gain channel on that amp is crap meaning you might be loud in terms of volume but not cutting through because the gain circuit is most likely solid state distortion witch is muddy and fizzy at best. best to just put your clean channel balls out or get an average OD pedal and you will be sweet. Meaning OD to clean channel bypass the gain circuit, i never really trusted gain circuits in amps anyhow.

This is the single worst post I've ever read. There is so little truth in this post it's astonishing.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by guitar/bass76

That's the nature of tube amps. At this point I can only recommend that you take it to a shop/tech and have them check the tubes and bias. A 30x30 room should be rocking with a 30 watt amp cranked.

I figured, which I'm not saying the gain sonds bad, I kinda like it. haha.

Now that I think about it, it was a lot bigger than 30x30 probably closer to 50x50, but still shouldn't make tons of difference... I will take some where.

Would guitar center look at it?
Les Paul, Strat, Tele
Carvin 4x12, 2x12
I have no choice around here.

There is a shop that takes guitar amps, but it's like a 50 dollar charge just for them to look at them.
Les Paul, Strat, Tele
Carvin 4x12, 2x12
Does anyone else have any advice for me to tryout? I want some options this weekend when I try and fix this problem.
Les Paul, Strat, Tele
Carvin 4x12, 2x12
Quote by The Picker
What was your EQ like? If the mids were too low, you could have had trouble cutting through the rest of the band.

this
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Low as in 1-10 on the dial and near 1? Because I usually keep mids at about 7
Les Paul, Strat, Tele