Iv been practicing guitar a real lot, more than normal, and my calouses built up big time, then all of a sudden they got softer, and i stopped for 2 days and have been going at it 3 hours yesterday and today, they are still soft but like hard to but not nearly as hard as a week ago.
Have you by any chance getting you fingers soaked in water, like swimming?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
Have you by any chance getting you fingers soaked in water, like swimming?

This may be a factor.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
That's what happened to mine, built up calluses and the calluses disappeared, but my fingers don't hurt from playing. It's weird but nice, i dont have to worry about my fingers looking weird because i play.
I read the title like this:

"My Fingers! Has this happened to anyone?"

the my fingers part is like "My stars!"

I'm pretty sure this is a poinless thread though. umm maybe your fingers got wet or something?
So how long can your fingers be wet until your callouses begin to disapear
It's your body. Getting calluses is like getting sore when you work out. They grow, your body realizes this and builds up over them so you don't have that disfiguring look. Every try to flex your muscle when your sore? Same basic principle.

It may not happen to many but who knows.
Quote by Steven E
So how long can your fingers be wet until your callouses begin to disapear

Well im a competitive swimmer and i swim 9 times a week, usually only 7 but 9 sometimes, and im in the water each day for 2-3 hours and i don't really have callouses but my fingers don't ever hurt, so i wouldn't know to well.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
my fingers do not hurt when i play, and they still seem to be as smooth as when i played with the calluses built up.
SNAPS!!!!i swim every day. no wonder why my calluses always get smaller and my hands loos all the skin
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
My fingers don't really hurt when I play, sometimes I have calluses there and sometimes I don't.
Quote by amicone18
my fingers do not hurt when i play, and they still seem to be as smooth as when i played with the calluses built up.

Yeah that happens to me too. When I start after not playing for an extended period of time, I get calluses, or my fingers get really thick layers of skin. Generally after I keep playing, the calluses start wearing down. Now my fingers feel smooth and I don't have any calluses, but it doesn't hurt when I play either.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Ive built up layers of callouses before...and then during a long solo in which I practiced for hours on end....I literally tore through 3-4 layers of callous ..it looked sick.

It was a sad day. My fingers never hurt when playing anyways though sorry TS.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
it's okay man.
as long as it doesnt hurt.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator