ok i dont know if this goes in this section. if it isnt im sorryy.
I have a fender strat and the strings are kinda high above the fretboard. my teacher told me to use the l shaped thing to fix it but i dont know how. also my strigns keep getting out of tune. i tuned it like 10 secs ago then it completely messes up. this is hte first time its hapening so HELP
u need to adjust ur action try the guitar q&a thread but i recomend taking it to ur local guitar shop and getting a full set-up done
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
sorry to switch topics but gstacey1 how do you like your blues jr?
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by Tallyho
Use an allen wrench to lower the string saddles on the bridge.

uhm theres a whoel where i can put a wrnech in by the neck but i dont know if its right...
nononono thats the truss rod. don't go messing with that if you don't know what your doing. just 'behind' the pickups, where the strings go through, is the bridge...there's two hex screws that you need to adjust.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Quote by R.I.P.Jimi
nononono thats the truss rod. don't go messing with that if you don't know what your doing. just 'behind' the pickups, where the strings go through, is the bridge...there's two hex screws that you need to adjust.

do i take off the swuare cover thing in the back of my strat?
It sounds to me as if you're pretty new to guitar?

Take it to a guitar shop, get it set up, and look up youtube videos showing how to adjust the action, change the intonation, and other things like that.

If it's a really cheap guitar, they'll go out of tune much more often than a high-end guitar, but a decent set-up should fix that to an extent.
Best of luck!
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by JaykeSucks
It sounds to me as if you're pretty new to guitar?

Take it to a guitar shop, get it set up, and look up youtube videos showing how to adjust the action, change the intonation, and other things like that.

If it's a really cheap guitar, they'll go out of tune much more often than a high-end guitar, but a decent set-up should fix that to an extent.
Best of luck!

ive had it for a long time and it never went out of tune...just yesterday
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
sorry to switch topics but gstacey1 how do you like your blues jr?

awesome amp. it has a great sound to it the cleans are perfect but u need an od for it to get rock tones
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by SungWismyName
ive had it for a long time and it never went out of tune...just yesterday

Hmm...
I said that because you were unsure about what the saddles were, what the truss road is etc.
I'd still recommend taking it to get set up.
Did you change string gauge recently?
Member of the Laney Cult
the thing is that i had this guitar and these strings for a while...they were perfectly fine until like a few days ago...so idk wats going on