i have a problem with my Fender Squier's input jack (im not smart in guitar talk), but when i plug the cord in i have to allign it PERFECTLY or my amp doesnt read the signal or it gets a REALLY LOUD fuzz thing. If i stand up and play the cord falls out instantly. I know its not the cord, but what do i do?

-please help,
Invader001
Sigs are for chumps...Wait a second...Damn!!!
Quote by invader001
i have a problem with my Fender Squier's input jack (im not smart in guitar talk), but when i plug the cord in i have to allign it PERFECTLY or my amp doesnt read the signal or it gets a REALLY LOUD fuzz thing. If i stand up and play the cord falls out instantly. I know its not the cord, but what do i do?

-please help,
Invader001

try to tighten the hexagon shaped thingy around the outside of the jack with a pair of pliers.
Open up the jack plate and see what's wrong... odds are the little "metal thing" holding the cable in there is loose and doesn't receive the cable.

To Markomite: It's a Squier, so the jack wouldn't be one of those standard, "hex things", I don't think.
ughh i had to do this sooooo many times before but it doesnt work sometimes, but thanks for the suggestion
Quote by roshjosh
Open up the jack plate and see what's wrong... odds are the little "metal thing" holding the cable in there is loose and doesn't receive the cable.

To Markomite: It's a Squier, so the jack wouldn't be one of those standard, "hex things", I don't think.

uh.
there's a hexagonal thing.
His jack probably came loose, just a matter of tightening it.
If not, a new input jack is like, 10 bucks man.
No biggie.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
im looking at it right now and there IS a hexagonal thing (it is tightened btw) but the part where it is solderd is a little loose so im suspecting thats why it has to be a certain angle. can this be soldered back together?
Quote by invader001
im looking at it right now and there IS a hexagonal thing (it is tightened btw) but the part where it is solderd is a little loose so im suspecting thats why it has to be a certain angle. can this be soldered back together?

yes. How much slack is there?
You might be able to de solder and then resolder.
depends on how much extra wire there is, because you don't want tension on the joint.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
too late, i broke it....

(epic fail)-

when i was putting the jack back in for later repair i broke off the flimsy piece of metal that recieved the signal. im taking it in to the shop to get it repaired.... lol wow that thing snapped right off.

i feel like an idiot
Last edited by invader001 at Nov 3, 2008,