i have a weber mini mass and and i need to get some cables to connect to the amp. which cable do i need to get? Speaker or Guitar cable?
Gibson Les Paul 60's Neck
Fender Blues Junior
Boss BD-2 - Keeley Phat Mod
Vox V848 Wah
EH Small Clone
i personally use speaker cable to connect my amp to my cabs, but some say it dosent matter and i've really never noticed a diffrence so rock on brother use what ya got.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
For the love of god use a speaker cable.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
For the love of god use a speaker cable.

This.

Think about it. Guitar cable is made to carry a very small signal from your guitar to the the amp. At that stage it's a very weak signal. As you would expect, it's waaaaay stronger when it comes out of your amplifier.

That's why you need a speaker cable, which is much heavier and built to deal with the much higher wattage.

That's putting it fairly simply. Short story, use a speaker cable.
word!
Gibson Les Paul 60's Neck
Fender Blues Junior
Boss BD-2 - Keeley Phat Mod
Vox V848 Wah
EH Small Clone
Quote by Opethfan1
i personally use speaker cable to connect my amp to my cabs, but some say it dosent matter and i've really never noticed a diffrence so rock on brother use what ya got.

Whoever told you that is a fool that does not know what they are talking about. The difference in impedance and shielding makes a huge difference, and can even be detrimental to either your amp and/or speaker.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
It can be extremely dangerous to your amp if you use an instrument cable. It it breaks, suddenly your amplifier doesn't have a load anymore, and it's goodbye transformer at least. Suddenly, that $20 you saved not using a speaker cable has turned into $300 cause you've been a dumbass with your gear.

Lesson: don't be a dumbass, use the proper equipment.
Why did you bump this? The thread is a month old and the TS got their answer.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Last edited by thsrayas at Dec 3, 2008,