So I had wanted to buy a Line 6 Pod to use to play live since it has all the modeling and effects in one neat package, but lately I've been thinking that I'd rather build my own pedal board of effects. What are the advantages and disadvantages to each as I really like the compactness of the Line 6 and the ability to put different patches of effects on each separate stomp box. I'm looking to buy a chorus, volume, and flange pedal. I already have a couple distortion pedals and a wah.
sigs suck
Well, individual pedals usually sound better (not always), and you can get just the effects you want, instead of a bunch of extra effects that you may never use. The bad thing would be powering them and lugging them around, and they may be kind of messy to store (if you don't have a decent pedalboard/organization skills :P).
Saint Louis Blues
Ok so does anybody have any good recommendations for volume pedals, chorus pedals, and flange pedals?
sigs suck
Volume Pedal - Ernie Ball something-or-rather...forgot the model name. But the Volume pedal they make is good.
Chorus Pedal - Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus or the MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Flange - Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress
Member of the Laney Cult