wat i basically want to do is just record use my amps tone to make a recording on my computer, ive seen products that u plug ur guitar directly into, i dont want that, i wat something where i can plug my guitar into my amp, and my amp into something which connects to my comp, if such a product exists, and dont be a smartass and say a microphone
Thanks for the help
Tom
Is your amp tube?

If not does it have a line out?
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
The product you described IS a microphone with an A/D converter.
Why isn't that an option?
Quote by Jack Carver
The product you described IS a microphone with an A/D converter.
Why isn't that an option?

Maybe he doesn't know instrument microphones exist, and mic'ing a cab is the standard industry method?? :
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by chunk9590
wat i basically want to do is just record use my amps tone to make a recording on my computer, ive seen products that u plug ur guitar directly into, i dont want that, i wat something where i can plug my guitar into my amp, and my amp into something which connects to my comp, if such a product exists, and dont be a smartass and say a microphone
Thanks for the help
Tom

First go to the correct form, (R&R) and then read the pinned posts there. After that look though Tweak's Guide in my sig.
If you have questions after that feel free to ask in R&R.

We get a lot of repeated posts at R&R and it's best if members take the time to search around first before just posting a question that comes up 5+ times a day...

To answer your question quickly:
You can DI your amp into an interface if it has a line or record out, (usually for solid state amps). This won't work for a speaker out and headphone outs don't put out the same sound as the cab.
The best way to capture the sound you hear from the speaker is with a mic such as the SM57 which is a steal at just $100.
There are also programs such as Amplitube which model amps and FX which means you just need your guitar and an interface however you don't get the same sound as the real products...

Whichever way you go, you will want an interface so study those for a while. The PreSonus Inspire 1394 and EMU 0202 USB are both popular starting products.
Last edited by moody07747 at Nov 4, 2008,
Why not just use the line out on your amp? Use a 1/8 to 1/4 inch cable. You can buy them at radio shack. Also miking amps sounds just fine believe it or not.