hey everyone, this is my first thread on UG.

I recently got a new Schecter for my birthday, it was marked as a Hellraiser, yet sold for $500 instead of the reg $750 (at guitar center). It was sold as new, not used.

It seemed to be a regular Hellraiser, but upon further inspection it was obvious it wasn't. The body's finish is similiar, but different, the shape is also similiar but different, the neck is a bolt-on (not sure if the reg hellraiser is also), it has one tone knob besides a volume knob, and most different, are the frets inlays.

This stumps me the most. They are crescent moons, with a "magical eye" at the 12th fret. Near the tuning keys it says "Hellraiser DLX", which I'm assuming means "deluxe".

I have searched a lot, and I can't find this model ANYWHERE on the internet, I checked if it was foreign or discontinued with no luck. The guitar center I bought it at doesn't even know what it is, besides the obvious (it's a kind of schecter hellraiser). I havn't seen it at any other guitar center or Samash either. It if its' a limited/deluxe edition of the hellraiser, why was it $250 less, and why can't I find it anywhere else?

I took a picture:

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/10/l_56bb1b36ee134ecc85887a396e44c279.jpg

Despite it being obscure, I love it. I get a great sound out of it, especially with the EMGs it came with. I would like to know what guitar it is tho, and possibly an idea of how much it is worth.
Schecter and GC have a thing going. Schecter will build and sell a few different model guitars to GC and not sell them to anyone else. I have a Gryphon, you won't find anywhere even Schecter's website, made for GC by Schecter.
That's sick.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Wow

the fret inlays are badass, nice guitar dude! it might be worth something... take care of it
Schecter Synyster Gates Custom
Peavey Vypyr 75w
sounds sweet bro.
enjoy it!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Your quite lucky I've seen one of these at GC but whenever I google the name, no luck.

It's a dream to play. Enjoy it while you got it man. I wish I could get a schecter.
Chris, you can do it pretty cheap if you go used. Seriously, those things have like a 50% or less resale value.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Looks like a Damien, same body as a Hellraiser. That's pretty close to my Gryphon. Nice playing and sounding guitar. Mine's Duncan design and looks like you got EMG's.

Enjoy it, they play well, only problem I've had was the damn jack nut kept comming loose.
That inlay is really sick, man!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

It's a Schecter Omen-6 Extreme

Edit Scrath that damien special is my best bet
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by stratdud39
take care of that one, im willing to bet its a SE and that they only made a limited amount of them.
That will probably gain in value later on.

doubt it
Quote by stratdud39
why not?

its a schecter. that's why, even if it is in the same name recognition as fender and gibson. it's gonna take more then 3 decades.
First: sorry for necroing this thread.
Second: I also have a Hellraiser DLX but mine has passive HZ and not the 81/85 combo. It's exactly the same as yours otherwise. I did buy mine from thomann but seeing as they advertise the same 81/85 set-up something ain't right.

any thoughts?
Iced earth!!!!!!!
Quote by Spacessj
First: sorry for necroing this thread.
Second: I also have a Hellraiser DLX but mine has passive HZ and not the 81/85 combo. It's exactly the same as yours otherwise. I did buy mine from thomann but seeing as they advertise the same 81/85 set-up something ain't right.

any thoughts?

when did you buy yours? second hand or brand new?
It's a Hellraiser Deluxe... I don't see what the big problem is. Guitar Center has them on their website.

EDIT: Damn i forgot to check the date.. that's what happens when i post at 4am
Last edited by Pac_man0123 at Jul 17, 2009,
Quote by Pac_man0123
It's a Hellraiser Deluxe... I don't see what the big problem is. Guitar Center has them on their website.

thread was created last year and some guy just bumped it asking for help isntead of creating a new thread like he probably should of done.