Hey guys I need a new amp before i go off to college to study jazz. I currently use mostly:

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM 212R (solid state piece of crap)
Ibanez TS 808 Tubescreamer (which sounds like crap on my solid state piece of crap)

My limit is around 1500 dollars
I play mostly blues, classic rock, and I am going to Humber College in Ontario to study jazz. So i need an amp that is versatile. Its gotta have mind blowing cleans built in reverb and i dont care if it has a drive channel or not because i have my tubescreamer which sounds fkn amazing on tube amps.

Needs to be loud enough to play gigs at clubs/bars I suppose at theaters it will be micd up.

Preferably a combo.

Currently considering: VOX AC30 or some nice Fender amp like a twin. or Blues Deluxe

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP!
AC30 is a good choice, wouldn't get a blues deluxe with your budget. Maybe get a replica of a fender or marshall amp from ceriatone?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i would definitely get the ac30 i'd kill for one

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

yeah i went and tried the ac30 out at the local music store and its really great i like the top boost feature to get a nice british crunch.
Ampeg VL-502.

Ampeg V4 or VT-120.

Mesa Lonestar Special.

Marshall JVM

Soldano Astroverb
you could probably get something boutique for that amount of money... i'm not too well up on the boutique lower gain amps, but i'm guessing stuff like dr z, carr, victoria etc. etc. would be worth a look...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Vox AC30
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Mesa Lonestar Special
Dr. Z
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Hughes & Kettner Statesman Quad EL84 or Dual 6L6 combo or a Mesa Lonestar if you can afford one.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
The Lonestar Special is a monster of an amp IMO.

And I personally think that the Twin Reverb is the best jazz amp around.

Another thing to consider, if you need some sort of distortion, is the Fender Super Sonic.
they sound quite different, i think... i don't really want to say much more than that, as i'm not too well up on vintage amps and don't want to say something wrong, but as far as i'm aware, they have quite different tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?