Okay so Ive been stuck in a rut with my playing where its been a long time since Ive actually improved. This has started to extinguish that "spark" that made me want to start playing in the first place. Because of this I dont really play as much as I should, I know I should play more but it just seems like im not getting anywhere. I just need UG to suggest some things that I can do to help me progress a little bit so that I can get excited about playing again. I also have this thing where my hands shake all the time so it makes things more difficult so it would obviously take longer to learn things and get them down.

Sorry for the wall of text lol
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Try to pick up some new songs or techniques that'll be challenging.
Moving on.....
Yeah I had the same problem. . . When I first started to play I really enjoyed it until I came to a point were I wasn't getting better (somewhat like going towards a big cliff and can't go any farther :P). At this point I just had to try to move on and learn a little bit more advanced songs. Although I couldn't play the songs right off, I learned. Anyways what I'm trying to say is that try learning stuff that you most likely wouldn't catch onto quickly and then you'll adjust.
Quote by SUPERIORLINKX
Yeah I had the same problem. . . When I first started to play I really enjoyed it until I came to a point were I wasn't getting better (somewhat like going towards a big cliff and can't go any farther :P). At this point I just had to try to move on and learn a little bit more advanced songs. Although I couldn't play the songs right off, I learned. Anyways what I'm trying to say is that try learning stuff that you most likely wouldn't catch onto quickly and then you'll adjust.

cool whats songs would you recommend?
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
anyone to suggest some rock/metal songs to learn that would challenge but that I would be able to learn
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Pick somthing you really enjoy. Remind yourself what made you want to play in the first place.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Eruption- Van Halen, that'll keep you busy for a while
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by Lethal Dosage
anyone to suggest some rock/metal songs to learn that would challenge but that I would be able to learn

Paranoid by Black Sabbath. Easy riff, but the solo should challenge you. I struggled with it for a while, but then I got it and went on to other stuff like The Trooper. Now I'm on Fade to Black
Whenever I hit a plateau, I just like to sit back and just play whatever I want. Enjoy yourself a little, you know? That's how I get my inspiration back. Gotta sit back and enjoy what you've learned up till now before you can move forward.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.