hey pit dwellers
whatsuup?
so my band is planning our tour for this summer. its our first tour. any tips on what to bring/what type of truck to use for best gas milage/etc.?

any educated help would be greatly appriceated.

-Adam

P.S. the tour should only be about 3 weeks if that helps
Use a deisel van with enough room in it for you all to sleep as well as for your gear. It doesn't have to be huge, infact if you trailer you gear, that'll leave you with plenty of room in a van to sleep the average sized band.
Take plenty of toilet rolls, bread and sandwich fillers, water and plastic bags.
Basicaly, the more self sufficient you can make yourselves, the better.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Use a deisel van with enough room in it for you all to sleep as well as for your gear. It doesn't have to be huge, infact if you trailer you gear, that'll leave you with plenty of room in a van to sleep the average sized band.
Take plenty of toilet rolls, bread and sandwich fillers, water and plastic bags.
Basicaly, the more self sufficient you can make yourselves, the better.

Hey, I'm not sure how much diesel costs in the UK, but it is insanely expensive here. The best thing would be to get a flex-fuel van, if you can find one.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784457&highlight=tour

There's some pretty useful information in that thread.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

Quote by kaptink
I dread to think what you recommend the plastic bags for ^ !

For keeping your dirty washing in of course.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, take a bucket too.
You can buy special buckets that are normaly used to place dirty nappies in that have a sealable lid on them. That kind of bucket is ideal.
Quote by Natrone
Hey, I'm not sure how much diesel costs in the UK, but it is insanely expensive here. The best thing would be to get a flex-fuel van, if you can find one.

Well it's been a while since I last toured and diesel was cheaper here then, but it's also worth noting that diesel engines are simpler and generaly cheaper to fix than petrol engines when they break down, but if it's seriously more expensive to run a diesel engine where you are, then it wouldn't be cost productive, so ignore what I said about diesel engines.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Nov 5, 2008,