Hey I got my self a Pod X3 live today and it sounds awesome going DI and through headphones but....it sounds crap as through my yamaha dg80 210a

was wondering what a good amp would be for a pod x3 live, I read other forums and they said atomic amps are awesome but I live in australia so it's pretty hard for me to get one of them from the US, I called Billy Hyde and suggested; crate, fenders, or a line 6 flexitone.
Ummm maybe try a epi VJ?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Ummm maybe try a epi VJ?

NOOO! stay away from brittish voiced amps for sure. go with the most neutral sounding amp you can find. if the direct out sounds good to you you could even use a small PA setup to amplify it. ive heard of people using acoustic or even keyboard amps with amp emulators they like with good results. just find whatever colors the sound with its own character the least.
Atomic Amps are supposedly awesome, but a PA or Keyboard amp can work well too.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
NOOO! stay away from brittish voiced amps for sure. go with the most neutral sounding amp you can find. if the direct out sounds good to you you could even use a small PA setup to amplify it. ive heard of people using acoustic or even keyboard amps with amp emulators they like with good results. just find whatever colors the sound with its own character the least.

I disagree. i like my POD XT Live better through the Valve junior then anything else I've tried including PA's.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Does anyone have experience with running an X3 through a keyboard amp or something like that, or does anyone know how to get an atomic amp to Australia?
you can just find a cheap tube amp and run the pods out/outs into the effects loop return
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Keyboard amps work well i can attest but not as well as an Atomic. Keyboard amp is definatly the second choice if you cant get an atomic to OZ. Id sell you mine but shipping half the world away will be pricey as you like.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso