Page 1 of 4
Well it's a pretty well known fact that the Pit is fascinated with Pokemon. Yea... Pokemon is great...awesome games, awesome cards, awesome show. But I must say, I prefer Digimon over Pokemon any day. The storyline in Digimon is MUCH better in my opinion, the characters are better, the digimon are way cooler than the pokemen. The only thing that the Pokemon show has over the Digimon show is the Pokerap (which is awesome). Gah, when patamon (?) digivolved into Angemon for the first time, it was like OOOHHHHH SHIT. Plus in the VERY first episode all the digimon evolve and it's craaaazy.

Anyway, I could go on forever about Digimon. Who else here agrees with me? Or am I all alone
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
you forgot yor flame-shield

and so i dont spam
i would have agreed with you about 7 years ago.......
I loved augumon, he was a badass and when angemon digivolved into the super digivolved form.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
+ 1
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by captainoid
I loved the show, but hated the unoriginal names.

Only some of the names were unoriginal! Especially birdramon..
**** yeah. Everyone slags it for being a ripoff of Pokemon, but they're completely different. They're both classics in their field.
Anyway, I liked the first few seasons immensely, and the games were always a laugh. The digidestined were total dorks.
Oh, and here's the wikpedia of all things Digimon.
http://digimon.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon_Wiki
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by ACG
Plus in the VERY first episode all the digimon evolve and it's craaaazy.

Anyway, I could go on forever about Digimon. Who else here agrees with me? Or am I all alone

Pretty sure you mean DIGIVOLVE, sir.
I personally like Yu-Gi-Oh the best out of all of them. I watched Yu-Gi-Oh until like halfway through 5th grade then it started sucking. They don't even have Yugi on it any more.
Dude, I love that show. Last summer I got bored as sh*t and rewatched the first two seasons. Every episode is up there. So much better storyline and character development than pokemon. Sad thing the games never achieved the same success. I didn't have a playstation so I never got to play the games that came out for it. But yeah, bad ass show. I also liked that the bad guys were actually genuinely evil guys, unlike in pokemon. I mean, they were actually cold and destructive in there intentions in digimon, not just comically put into opposition so that there can be a battle.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Monster Rancher, am I right or am I right?

That was pretty bad ass too but didn't watch it near as much as digimon pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh I consider these three the holy trinity of my childhood.
Quote by tayroar
I personally like Yu-Gi-Oh the best out of all of them. I watched Yu-Gi-Oh until like halfway through 5th grade then it started sucking. They don't even have Yugi on it any more.

I enjoyed Yu-Gi-Oh immensely as well. I think I watched the first two seasons. Gah, Blue Eyes White Dragon... and those crazy ultimate card things that I forget all about.
Quote by Godsmack_IV

MR was truly great. I need to find that now. Cheers.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by ACG
Oh, you hang out there because you don't like Digimon? I guess that's cool..

I was hoping it would fly with ACG.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by Godsmack_IV

I remember the last episode, it was like all a video game or something
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
you are going to be sooo fvcked when metaldud gets here
We walked into the night

Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed

Is for you?
Quote by ACG
I enjoyed Yu-Gi-Oh immensely as well. I think I watched the first two seasons. Gah, Blue Eyes White Dragon... and those crazy ultimate card things that I forget all about.

The Yu-Gi-Oh card game was immensely superior to pokemon's I had like 6 Blue eyes because I would stack my decks and we always agreed to play without sacrificing so I had an insane amount of incredibly powerful cards and we'd bet our strongest card and I had become essentially the badass of the playground at that game.
digimon was the shiz. imperialdramon was sicko. never got into yu-gi-oh. monster rancher, esp the playstation games, were crazy too. ahhhh, those were the days
Fender Jaguar Bass
Crate BT100
Morley Dual Bass Wah
Pi Big Muff
Behringer Bass Flanger

you know you're a bassist when...

you wake in the morning and your bass is in the bed and your girlfriend is on the floor
I used to love the digivices.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by tayroar

I still remember when Yugi used Exodia for the first time. Shit was awesome.

And I agree, Digimon was so much better than Pokemon as far as the TV shows go. I remember waking up every Saturday morning anxious to see what new adventures Tai & friends would have today.
Digimon was always superior to Pokemon. The storylines and characters were out of Pokemon's league, and the artwork was even further ahead. But all of that was probably the reason it was less popular: The show and merchandise were aimed at younger kids, but its features were probably better-suited to a slightly older audience. Once they got past the Rookie stage, the Digimon stopped being cute and started being badasses that fought evil forces to stop the end of the world.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Quote by Doppelgänger
I still remember when Yugi used Exodia for the first time. Shit was awesome.

I still remember when Yugi lost Exodia when going to the tournament on the island. Shit was weak.
Quote by tayroar
The Yu-Gi-Oh card game was immensely superior to pokemon's I had like 6 Blue eyes because I would stack my decks and we always agreed to play without sacrificing so I had an insane amount of incredibly powerful cards and we'd bet our strongest card and I had become essentially the badass of the playground at that game.

Screw the dragons. Zombies where the best way to go.
But I preferd Yugiog and digimon to pokemon.
Quote by Quintessence153
Digimon was always superior to Pokemon. The storylines and characters were out of Pokemon's league, and the artwork was even further ahead. But all of that was probably the reason it was less popular: The show and merchandise were aimed at younger kids, but its features were probably better-suited to a slightly older audience. Once they got past the Rookie stage, the Digimon stopped being cute and started being badasses that fought evil forces to stop the end of the world.

I think it might have been because people were already way into Pokemon to watch another show with a similar concept. Wait, did Pokemon come to America before Digimon?
i didnt like the actual digimon themselves. aside from the dog one and the dinosaur one, the supporting characters and villans were lame as hell. but other than that, the show was pretty good. id put it after pokemon but before yu-gi-oh and dragonball z.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
i didnt like the actual digimon themselves. aside from the dog one and the dinosaur one, the supporting characters and villans were lame as hell. but other than that, the show was pretty good. id put it after pokemon but before yu-gi-oh and dragonball z.

Dude, what about Matt? He's the man. Plus he plays harmonica and his Digimon is like "whoa wtf is that sound!? It's beautiful!" pretty sweet..
Quote by ACG
Well it's a pretty well known fact that the Pit is fascinated with Pokemon. Yea... Pokemon is great...awesome games, awesome cards, awesome show. But I must say, I prefer Digimon over Pokemon any day. The storyline in Digimon is MUCH better in my opinion, the characters are better, the digimon are way cooler than the pokemen. The only thing that the Pokemon show has over the Digimon show is the Pokerap (which is awesome). Gah, when patamon (?) digivolved into Angemon for the first time, it was like OOOHHHHH SHIT. Plus in the VERY first episode all the digimon evolve and it's craaaazy.

I agree. but the first two seasons were the only ones worth watching.

seriously, at the end of season two, when that bitchin master of darkness who was already killed twice in the first season but still wont die was behind everything... at the age of 13, I though it was the most awesome thing ever.

I still find it a close second before Lord of the Rings.
I agree, Digimon > Pokemon. I've jsut been too afraid to say it before now.

I used to wish I was Angewomon. And I think I may have had a crush on Matt when I was 8. Unfortunately, the show went downhill after season 2.

Skullgreymon was pretty awesome.

XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Nov 4, 2008,
I liked that show, and I loved collecting those Tazo's you got in the chip packets.

Needless to say, I'd still take Pokemon over Digimon ANY DAY.

EDIT: I'm actually quite disappointed with the Pit.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Nov 4, 2008,
It is revealed in the last story arc that Myotismon was secretly behind the events of the entire season. After possessing Oikawa on August 3, 1999, he influenced his host to create Mummymon and Arukenimon, who led Ken Ichijouji to becoming the Digimon Emperor and weakening the border between the worlds. On December 31, 2002, at the climax of his scheme, Myotismon opens a Digital Gate, removes himself from his host, and uses the power of the Dark Spores to assume the form of MaloMyotismon. MaloMyotismon (ベリアルヴァンデモン BelialVamdemon) Upon his resurrection, he tortures and kills Arukenimon with the excuse of testing his new found powers. After Mummymon attacks and is killed by MaloMyotismon in an attempt to avenge Arukenimon, Davis is the only one still willing to overcome his fear and fight someone as sadistic and merciless as MaloMyotismon. Fueled by his courage, ExVeemon attacks MaloMyotismon with everything he has, and succeeds in doing some damage. MaloMyotismon tries to incapacitate the team by using their desires against them, but since Davis' greatest desire is to see MaloMyotismon defeated, he is able to break free of the spell and rescue the others. Davis' desire also enables all the different forms each of the Digidestined Digimon to appear simultaneously and form an army which unleashes a massive series of attacks that seriously injure MaloMyotismon. However, it is revealed that this actually broke open a portal to the Digital World, allowing MaloMyotismon to escape to it and recuperate where he is most powerful. He posed a challenging battle for the DigiDestined, who were not able to defeat him even with all the Digivolved forms of their Digimon. During the fight, very many Digimon, as well as the main DigiDestined's partners appeared on the edge of the canyon, and MaloMyotismon launched his Screaming Darkness attack on them where all the DigiDestined encountered appeared in the Digital World. Again, the help of the Digivices was required to defeat him — it took the light from every Digidestined's Digivices to cause Myotismon's body to dissolve into a dark spirit, and then to modify Imperialdramon Fighter Mode's Positron Laser, which he used to fire his Giga Crusher, completely destroying Myotismon.

this is what I miss in most of today's cartoons, villains that are really evil. This guy kills his subordinates for no reason at all, stays alive for 2 seasons after being killed, and out of all villains from all tv series, has in general just been the most badass.

Myotismon is all one needs to mention to make Digimon better than pokemon
Did anyone have Digimon World for the PS1?
I actually downloaded it for PS1 emulator, and have been playing it intensely for the past week.
Page 1 of 4