do a rock version of "3 Peat" by Lil Wayne even though i hate him. I just have some ideas that would sound good with it. And some other songs.

you know who travis barker does those horrible rock covers of rap songs. I wanna do a GOOD one.

ideas? Is there anything i should know when it comes to covering a TOTALLY different genre of song? lol

AND NO SMART ASS ANSWERS.

what do you yall think?
Shred over it. Since it's rap, I assume it has no musical elements to it aside from rhythm, so you could just play in whatever key you damn well please.
Quote by synpet713192
Shred over it. Since it's rap, I assume it has no musical elements to it aside from rhythm, so you could just play in whatever key you damn well please.

HAHAHAHAHA

youre right. But his voice is so high that it might as well be a wind instrument. thats the mindset i have when i do it. that his voice is some sort of instrument.
Quote by thrashmetal101
they can't stop him. even if they stop him?

Yeah.. -_-

i dont get it either.
keep an eye on tempo changes, and keys
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Infinite__Death
I honestly see your comment on every single thread I read. Its easy to tell because of your heretics & killers video icon, but still its kind of weird.

Yeah, when I chose the avatar, I didn't forsee it sticking out like a sore thumb. I still love it, though.

Quote by thrashmetal101
they can't stop him. even if they stop him?

Quote by synpet713192

You need to stay in key with the (synth) bass line.
Quote by Masonpwiley
You need to stay in key with the (synth) bass line.

Hadn't accounted for that. It's usually just two or three different notes, though, so that does leave a lot of possibilities open.
Well.. I've never done something like that, but on many occasions, i've rearranged Social Distortion songs to be folkier, and Bob Dylan songs to be more punk. Or blues and rockabilly, i'll mix those lines a lot.

My only advice is the mess it up a bit, make it just so that people can tell its what it is.
Oh, and throw a melody from the original into the solo.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.