I recently paid 142 for this on ebay. I own a Sony Vaio laptop that i got as a graduation present in May. I'm having huge problems, maybe because the dickhead that sold the interface to me wouldn't answer my e-mails when i recieved this NIB (yeah please) item without a firewire cable, installer cd, power adapter, and tracktion software. I bought a firewire cable, power adapter and downloaded Tracktion 3, I was fine for awhile, but now my interface has this weird feedback like sound on it, (not the same hiss every few seconds bcuz it's a demo) i've treid audactity but it wouldn't pick up the mackie as a recording interface? so, should i try to re-ebay the mackie or can someone help me.
Sounds like you should be contacting ebay to report this bad sale.

Are you sure you configured it properly to work with Audacity?
There is poetry in despair.
ill almost guarantee its a user error...make sure your windows is set to use the onyx,as well as your software set to use the onyx in ASIO mode.I hope your not trying to run it on vista either, thats a no-go.
Quote by fridge_raider
Sounds like you should be contacting ebay to report this bad sale.

Are you sure you configured it properly to work with Audacity?

sounds like a strange ebay sale and yes if it was listed as NIB I would contact ebay about this and have them deal with the seller...chances are he might do that again if he gets away with it.

As for the Mackie interface, make sure you go though the manuals and read up on how to setup the hardware and software correctly. This is a great interface but sadly, it only works on XP...
Yes FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
is the answer .
PsychomanZ

Yes FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
is the answer .
I recently paid 142 for this on ebay. I own a Sony Vaio laptop that i got as a graduation present in May. I'm having huge problems, maybe because the dickhead that sold the interface to me wouldn't answer my e-mails when i recieved this NIB (yeah please) item without a firewire cable, installer cd, power adapter, and tracktion software. I bought a firewire cable, power adapter and downloaded Tracktion 3, I was fine for awhile, but now my interface has this weird feedback like sound on it, (not the same hiss every few seconds bcuz it's a demo) i've treid audactity but it wouldn't pick up the mackie as a recording interface? so, should i try to re-ebay the mackie or can someone help me.

i own a mackie onyx and i love the thing XD

lets see your problem can be quite a few things

first is the power adapter you using for the mackie onyx the right one like same voltage and that kind of thing some audio interfaces give hiss and feedback if you have too much power in it

I was fine for awhile, but now my interface has this weird feedback like sound on it

do you remember making any changes to it before this happened?

you want to take the software out of the equation so i recommend if you can downloading other recording software and try it out there if it works it means you have a bad configuration on the other software recording program

if you still have problems then do this unistall driver and download new driver and old driver see if it works better with new driver if not uninstall it and restart your machine make sure that you leave nothing of the old driver and then install new one see if it works better

has this weird feedback like sound on it

make sure your not putting guitar next to headphones or anything like that

that would cause feedback for examplee when i get mic close to headphones i get feedback

try messing with your volume leve in 3 places 1.in the program 2.in the guitar 3.in the interface

make sure all conections are connected properly

edit: doh i forgot audacity does not work with onyx satellite i tried using that too lets see cubase,tracktion 3 and adobe audition do work with onyx i tested all of them

hope that helps
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Last edited by stefan1988 at Nov 12, 2008,
Quote by muddshovel
PsychomanZ

Yes FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
is the answer .

what the hell are you on son?..ive never left all F's in any of my posts or profile.,so whats my profile have to do with this?

EDIT:
NVM....he's posting in every thread ive ever replied to...wow...i feel honored that i moved you to insanity!,...now muddshovel, go get a life, because we all know that a girlfriend is a little bit out of your reach right now!...baby steps grasshopper!
Last edited by PsychomanZ at Nov 12, 2008,
Quote by PsychomanZ
what the hell are you on son?..ive never left all F's in any of my posts or profile.,so whats my profile have to do with this?

EDIT:
NVM....he's posting in every thread ive ever replied to...wow...i feel honored that i moved you to insanity!,...now muddshovel, go get a life, because we all know that a girlfriend is a little bit out of your reach right now!...baby steps grasshopper!

Thats funny Phsyscho o tell that to my wife and 3 kids .You left curse words in my thread thats why you got my attention Phsysco mon .
Now fly away little starling fly away now before I have you for dinner .
FFFFffffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaa .. You see a sensless man tried to test me .
Want to now what I did to him starling ?
Last edited by muddshovel at Nov 14, 2008,
Quote by muddshovel
fly away now before I have you for dinner .

Come try it tough guy..thats right..i called you out internet punk.
hi stefan. i am new to this site and as i can see you are well informed about the mackie onyx satellite. is it possible for you to help me on some things i dont understand about it?

thanks, george
hi stefan. i am new to this site and as i can see you are well informed about the mackie onyx satellite. is it possible for you to help me on some things i dont understand about it?

thanks, george

go ahead and ask man and i try to answer as best i can
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by stefan1988
go ahead and ask man and i try to answer as best i can

to best record vocals, which microphone do u suggest?
im using cubase, which plugins do u think work well and are useful?

tnx 4 d moment
New thread?

But..Neumann U87's are alright..

What's you budget?
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
to best record vocals, which microphone do u suggest?
im using cubase, which plugins do u think work well and are useful?

tnx 4 d moment

get a shure sm58 that is the most typical and best one so far for vocals everyone uses it
for guitar a shure sm57 is recomended

what kind plugins im not exactly sure what you mean if you mean effects like distortion you could get guitar rig3 which has plenty of effects or you could google vst plugins and try finding some free ones and install them and them in the program try to put them on

i hope that helps

next time try to read around the forum there are plenty of threads that cover this topic or just make a new thread
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff