So I've just been thinking of this thing... people always say, "Look at those birds flying so happily", "Those squirrels look so playful"
yeah, stuff like that. But what we don't know is what if they aren't having fun? What if those birds & squirrels were chasing each other because one of them killed the other's babies or something, or stole from him/her?
your thoughts?

IDK, maybe i'm just stupid. I just happen to think of this while golfing and yeah, there's animals.
shhh

shhh....take another ritlin and lay down honey
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Same thing about dogs smiling. I'm sure you could take a video of dogs growling, strip the audio, chuck in on YouTube, and some old dog lady would reply with "omg how cute!!! theyr sooo smiling haha lol".
they look like having fun, that's all you need to know.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by eddiethehead888
have you ever seen a squirrel kill another squirrel's babies, and then chase him?

i didn't think so

Well there's no proof they're happy or whatever people think. I'm just guessing w/ my own thoughts..
Quote by jumpinjiminy
You sir, are, and idiot

thats the worst meme ever. dont bring it to UG
We walked into the night

Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed

Is for you?
Quote by 1337guitarplayr
Well there's no proof they're happy or whatever people think. I'm just guessing w/ my own thoughts..

well yes then, all animals are cynical little bastards who hate their lives and can't wait to die.

how would one prove if a squirrel was happy or not? by the size and quantity of his nuts maybe?

BTW- I thought you were gonna be giving away free animals in this thread, way to crush my dreams
Last edited by eddiethehead888 at Nov 4, 2008,
Well...They're not happy. Because animals don't feel happiness. They're not sentient. They don't even realize what they're doing or why. They just do what they're programmed by nature to do.

The real question is, are we?

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Quote by eddiethehead888
well yes then, all animals are cynical little bastards who hate their lives and can't wait to die.

how would one prove if a squirrel was happy or not? by the size and quantity of his nuts maybe?

BTW- I thought you were gonna be giving away free animals in this thread, way to crush my dreams

Lol, yeah bad title. Okay bottom line- there's no way to prove it. It was my opinion. Yeah, I'm a pessimistic emo4lyf.
No i'm not.

btw, I like your song you made.
Quote by 1337guitarplayr
Lol, yeah bad title. Okay bottom line- there's no way to prove it. It was my opinion. Yeah, I'm a pessimistic emo4lyf.
No i'm not.

btw, I like your song you made.

I actually don't think your idea is bad, considering the main idea behind it is the difference between animal and human brains. I just think you kinda stated it in a way which sounded kind of stupid .

Thanks about the song, if you have anything we can C4C
So you mean, like, the people are all like, "Look at the birds playing tag and happily frolicking," but in IRL the bird's like "Get your ass back here, I will fuck you up," right?
All animals are capable of feeling emotion to some degree. The thing is, humans can't really fully unerstand the emotions that another animal is feeling because we can only recognize emotions which we can relate to (such as smiling is a way to show happiness in humans, where-as it is used as a form of warning in other primates). The thing is, when any animal is left in the wild, most chances are that in the fight for survival, emotions like sadness, joy and anger won't be dominant. Compare this to a city life, where the basic needs are met and animals(including humans) are left with the emotions stated above.

This applies to all animals, humans in the wild won't be depressed while humans in the city won't have to fight for survival. Same case with other animals, like my dog for instance, he get's really happy when my dad comes home from work and refuses to eat anything before and just sleeps around acting depressed.

Mind you, this does not come from any scientific research or knowledge, just observation.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Quote by spider666
All animals are capable of feeling emotion to some degree. The thing is, humans can't really fully unerstand the emotions that another animal is feeling because we can only recognize emotions which we can relate to (such as smiling is a way to show happiness in humans, where-as it is used as a form of warning in other primates). The thing is, when any animal is left in the wild, most chances are that in the fight for survival, emotions like sadness, joy and anger won't be dominant. Compare this to a city life, where the basic needs are met and animals(including humans) are left with the emotions stated above.

This applies to all animals, humans in the wild won't be depressed while humans in the city won't have to fight for survival. Same case with other animals, like my dog for instance, he get's really happy when my dad comes home from work and refuses to eat anything before and just sleeps around acting depressed.

Mind you, this does not come from any scientific research or knowledge, just observation.

smartest post in thread...
Quote by jumpinjiminy
You sir, are, and idiot

RAGE.

RAGE. GTFO.

I swear, if I start seeing this here, I'm leaving.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic