Page 1 of 2
Anyone downloaded this and had a play with it? What are your impressions...?

I wasn't sold, really. I like the simple interface, but the bookmark organisation is horrible. I have way too many bookmarks to be storing them on an extendable bar across the top of the browser; I need a left-hand frame.

Anyway...

Opinions?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I like Google Chrome, but yeah, hate the bookmark thing, and since it's BETA it's annoying how shockwave always crashes and Youtube stops
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
I love it. It's fast. I'm using it now, and have been since it was released.

I don't mind the bookmark thing. I have 13 bookmarks at the top. How many do you guys need!?
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
my myspace is in a whacked out order
theres all the the home music friends etc links
on the side
it sucks
It's REALLY fast for me. MY only quibble is that it will frequently freeze on me, and I'll have to right click the tab for it on the task bar to unfreeze it.

Also, there's just enough room on the bar going across the top for all the places I visit frequently. I just renamed the links to just a letter or two, since they all have their logos I recognize, that way I can fit more.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by TooFast
I love it. It's fast. I'm using it now, and have been since it was released.

I don't mind the bookmark thing. I have 13 bookmarks at the top. How many do you guys need!?

You don't even need the internet, or a computer really. It's not about NEED, it's about what we want and what we can have with certain options. I have 28 bookmarks and I'd rather not get rid of them just because a browser doesn't support them.

Is Google Chrome a new web browser or something?
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Is Google Chrome a new web browser or something?

Yep.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Yep.

Ah ok. Yea, well, I got firefox 3 a couple of months ago and I like it, it's fast (though it does take a little while to start up the first time I run it), and it's nice and minimalist which makes it easy to access the pages. I like being able to turn as much stuff off as I want; I don't like HAVING to have lots of options on.
Yeah, I've been using FF for a while and it doesn't seem like I'll be changing anytime soon.

Did you all hear about that new browser that's even faster than Chrome?
Quote by Fishyesque
I think you'd like Chrome.

Yea but I don't really want to have 28 bookmarks lining the top of the page as part of the toolbar, it's just a waste of space. I wouldn't want them permanently on the screen anyway, and I think putting them in a horizontal line is a big mistake.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Yea but I don't really want to have 28 bookmarks lining the top of the page as part of the toolbar, it's just a waste of space. I wouldn't want them permanently on the screen anyway, and I think putting them in a horizontal line is a big mistake.

You can put them off to the side.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

Quote by AVA_Plus44_182

well it takes up like.. 2 centimeters? It's really minimalistic.

In fact, even with that small row up top I still have much more room than I did with FireFox.

Quote by Fishyesque
Did you all hear about that new browser that's even faster than Chrome?

IE8.
AND you don't need it there. Arrange all the bookmarks you want in the bar, and then just ctrl+B and the bar goes away, ctrl+B again and it comes back!

Win-win
Google Chrome, What ever, FireFox 3 is the best browser out there.
Quote by JeanMi36
No. I use a Mac.

Quote by soulflyV
I'm so sorry.
Quote by MattLoaf
Google Chrome, What ever, FireFox 3 is the best browser out there.

Love opinions.
Quote by Ez0ph
I remember that

Quote by Firenze

chrome isn't faster, it just starts up faster then firefox, but at loading web pages firefox is still winning, I don't mind having to wait a second longer to start up firefox if I easilly win that second back wile browsing for five minutes.

there a loads of benchmarks out there that compare them

so I guess chrome is fastest with one tab
Quote by Fishyesque
well it takes up like.. 2 centimeters? It's really minimalistic.

In fact, even with that small row up top I still have much more room than I did with FireFox.

Yes, but why have it taking up any room at all when it couldn't simply not be an issue whatsoever? There's no way I could get any more viewing space than with what I have now because I regularly use the 2 bars of stuff I have, and if they were any smaller they'd be too hard to read.

And if it is true that you can have the bars on the side, and turn them off if you want, the fact remains that that doesn't make them any better/easier to use than what I have now, so why switch?
Compare those graphs all you want, but Chrome on MY machine loads up websites WAY faster than FireFox.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Yes, but why have it taking up any room at all when it couldn't simply not be an issue whatsoever? There's no way I could get any more viewing space than with what I have now because I regularly use the 2 bars of stuff I have, and if they were any smaller they'd be too hard to read.

And if it is true that you can have the bars on the side, and turn them off if you want, the fact remains that that doesn't make them any better/easier to use than what I have now, so why switch?

I switched (for the most part) because Chrome is noticeably faster than FF for me. And it's more minimalistic. As I said, you can easily hide the bookmark bar and bring it back just as easily.
I guess because of how good like, every single other google program is, I will probably eventually switch to chrome, but I would rather wait for the beta stage to pass and get a more finished product. You know, let other people put up with the starting problems and sort them out. I'm kind of a dick like that.
remember, chrome is still in beta, maybe it gets good, but for me it's still firefox' bitch atm.

if it gets faster i'll switch, lets just wait till they release version 1.0
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
I guess because of how good like, every single other google program is, I will probably eventually switch to chrome, but I would rather wait for the beta stage to pass and get a more finished product. You know, let other people put up with the starting problems and sort them out. I'm kind of a dick like that.

I can understand that. It isn't a life changing experience or anything, so you'll be just fine either way.
IE8 will destroy. Look at it's Java and tabbed browsing powahhhhhhh!|

People will be afraid to admit it though.
I have a massive sidebar full of bookmarks. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Yes, it leaves the main frame of the browser a little smaller, but it makes finding my regular websites so much easier. I'm prepared to lose viewing space for bookmarks, but Chrome doesn't really give me much wiggle room with that.

As for the charts, it seems Chrome is better at handling all different types of script, but doesn't manage tabs as well as Firefox (the browser that basically invented 'em). Understandable, really.

Chrome also uses much less system memory than Firefox, which is a plus. I also like the 'Most Visited' page you can set up.

Quote by Jackolas
IE8 will destroy. Look at it's Java and tabbed browsing powahhhhhhh!|

People will be afraid to admit it though.

Even if IE8 does, I won't admit it.

I'll be in complete browser-denial.
Quote by Smokey Amp
I also like the 'Most Visited' page you can set up.

Yea, but I don't want people seeing how much I visit redtube.
It's all down to the specs of your computer really I guess, but I still prefer FF3. And also, Google is now a corparation so they are going to be out for money soon.
Quote by JeanMi36
No. I use a Mac.

Quote by soulflyV
I'm so sorry.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182

That's why you've got Incognito mode.
Quote by Fishyesque
Even if IE8 does, I won't admit it.

I'll be in complete browser-denial.

You are the only 3rd party browser user I know to admit it.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182

I almost lol'd.
Quote by JeanMi36
No. I use a Mac.

Quote by soulflyV
I'm so sorry.
Page 1 of 2