Morning all,

I've got an old LP copy that has a blue pearloid headstock and body, and although the body is still shiny and bright, the headstock seems to have been subjected to constant sunlight at some point in the guitars life - it's dull and cloudy.

Is there any way of restoring the colour and shine to pearloid? I had considered using a slightly abrasive car polish (such as T Cut) but didn't want to damage the finish any further.

Cheers,

Chris
KCC Strat - GFS Double Fat setup
Godman Les Paul
Fender Acoustic (Strat Neck)
T Cutting is almost certainly a bad idea. I've tried that on an old pickguard before, with unsatisfactory results, so wouldn't recommend it on the actual guitar.

Do you have pics of the guitar?
varnish?
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
I'll try to take some photos later, but I'm not sure if it would come out in enough detail. Basically it just looks as if the headstock has a cloudy film on it, almost like an even coat of dust.

Here's the guitar body - the pearloid is bright and clean:

I don't think varnish would work, as it would just put a shiny top layer onto a dull surface. It seems like the fade is under the top layer....
Godman Les Paul
Couple of better photos:

This is the body - you can see how clean the finish is-

and this is the headstock taken in the same light - the edges are still bright and clean but the centre looks dull-

Godman Les Paul