So this has happened to me yesterday. I was carrying my guitar to my dorm and I see a bunch of kids sitting in a room and I hear a guitar. I look in and a kid is strumming an acoustic electric and we begin talking... All seemed well then the kid started to seem cocky. Like as we talked he felt he thought he was a better guitar player as me (probably cause he had a gibson and said he never herd of a schecter) Well after a few minutes of cockyness I asked if he could play something quick and he did... I kind of chuckled then he goes elts see you p[lay...

I pull out my guitar from its case, plugged it into his amp and decided I would just do a warm up to see what he thought and ran through a few sweeps and he looked amazed... I packed up guitar and walked off...

My question is, have you ever had this tension with other guitar players... especially ones that thought they were truly better then you but failed in comparison?
I get all giddy whenever I see anybody with a guitar

last time it was in the café across from my dorm and I ended up staying there jammin' on acoustics until 3am
I really dont like being "better" or "worse." I prefer "different". It annoys me that people need a ranking system as if its some pre-sapien animalistic tribe in which everyone is trying to be the alpha male. I thought people (musicians and 'artsy' people especially) were past that.

But yeah, it annoys me even still when people are convinced of their 'superiority' by what guitar people have (like in your story), or by what style of music you play. If there is a measure of how "good" you are at guitar, it should be technical ability (accuracy, speed, shredzorz, your likeness to fp) and creativity (how would you measure this?) and intelligence (I'm not sure if this can really be measured either).

Quote by Punkismygod
Every guitarist who doesn't know really what they're doing act like that.
Whats the differnce between a guitarist that knows what he's doing and one that doesn't? I dont think I know what I'm doing (at anything), but I dont act like that.
Quote by ehlert99
So this has happened to me yesterday. I was carrying my guitar to my dorm and I see a bunch of kids sitting in a room and I hear a guitar. I look in and a kid is strumming an acoustic electric and we begin talking... All seemed well then the kid started to seem cocky. Like as we talked he felt he thought he was a better guitar player as me (probably cause he had a gibson and said he never herd of a schecter) Well after a few minutes of cockyness I asked if he could play something quick and he did... I kind of chuckled then he goes elts see you p[lay...

I pull out my guitar from its case, plugged it into his amp and decided I would just do a warm up to see what he thought and ran through a few sweeps and he looked amazed... I packed up guitar and walked off...

My question is, have you ever had this tension with other guitar players... especially ones that thought they were truly better then you but failed in comparison?

I think you started this thread to let people know you're a decent guitarist.

fail
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
I love meeting guitarist who are truly better than me. Not just at shredding but amazing rythm guitarists. I love jamming with someone who makes you push yourself, you know.

But I seriously hate these 15/16 year old kids hanging round in music shops who think they're the dog's bollocks just because they can play the minor pentatonic scale fast.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Quote by HeavyReverb
I love meeting guitarist who are truly better than me. Not just at shredding but amazing rythm guitarists. I love jamming with someone who makes you push yourself, you know.

But I seriously hate these 15/16 year old kids hanging round in music shops who think they're the dog's bollocks just because they can play the minor pentatonic scale fast.

me too
i love playing with guitarists way better than me cause theyre always nice and teach me cool stuff.
and its fun to jam
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by sam i am
It is bad, but in some ways coming on here and posting it so we can all have a good laugh at him is just as annoying.

I would say that's about right.

Since this isn't really the forum to brag about being better than some other guy...

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out