Afternoon chaps,

My Godin LG has either developed an annoying fret buzz. It occurs mostly on the top 1-5 frets and on the E, A and D. The buzz only occurs when played moderate to hard, particularly when playing power chords; single notes don't seem to suffer.

I've adjusted the action and the relief in the neck and have put some heavier gauge strings on, but it's no good. The neck was very straight when I first checked so I looked to add the relief and honestly thought this would cure in but it hasn't.

I've used a set of feeler gauges and can clearly see that there is enough clearance at fret 7-8 when fretting a note on the first and last frets.

I've taken it back to the shop for a setup anyway, but thought in the meantime I'd sound it out on here to see what the general opinion is.
Sounds like something might be wrong with the frets. They might need filing down, or maybe even need to be redone.
Have you checked your intonation?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Yep, re-jigged the intonation the other day, was on the money bar the top E string. I was hoping it wouldn't be the frets, as I find it hard/annoying to believe a £500 instrument could have a fault such as this.

I will await the response from my tech anyway and go from there.
How long have you had it?
And when you say adjusted the action, did you raise it? And by how much?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Only had it for about a month. I raised the action a silly amount and then worked it down to 2mm, still no good. Playing in drop D and so on just makes it worse.
Arf, this guitar is going back to the supplier as we speak. I'm hoping for a replacement, rather than extensive work on it to sort it out ...

Apparently there's inconsistencies in the neck.