HI !
So .. my practicing schedule shows me :
15(+) min warm up exercises
1(+) hours shreding exercises with metronom
2(+ )hours songs
Sometimes new tehnique or scale to learn .
And some day improvising .

And i wanted to ask that if i am practicing shreding every day 1 or more hours
on scales and runs and licks with metronom .
Im going to play slow first and then im geting speed up till tempo i want .
Ive read columns and lesson about speed up and things .. so i think i practice eveything right .
So ive played .. like 6 months and my max tempo , what i can play CLEAN is 116 .
Its no much at all and i wanted to ask :
If im practicing that every day , then can i reach to the tempo 160 - 170 with 3 - 6 monts ?
Is this possible ?

Thanks .

Storm .
So after all that masturbation are you not completely drained?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
what tempo did u start at when u started practicing for speed. what tempo so you start at now. what was your max tempo back then.
Quote by polio23
what tempo did u start at when u started practicing for speed. what tempo so you start at now. what was your max tempo back then.

If i was starting to practice speed , my max tempo was like 92 i think , but i started practicing speed like 1,5 - 2 months ago .
Then i was gonna start like 60 - 70 i think
Now im gonna start at 80 or something .
Stop chasing speed and try learning to play the guitar instead - you'll find it much more rewarding.

Speed is the least important aspect of your playing. Something that is slow, but melodic and technically correct is far preferable to something that is fast, but messy and sounds like shit.

How fast you can play scales or exercises doesn't mean zip - it certainly doesn't make you a good guitarist. Nobody cares about how many BPM you can play patterns you've practiced over and over, and neither should you...people want to hear you play music.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Stop chasing speed and try learning to play the guitar instead - you'll find it much more rewarding.

Speed is the least important aspect of your playing. Something that is slow, but melodic and technically correct is far preferable to something that is fast, but messy and sounds like shit.

How fast you can play scales or exercises doesn't mean zip - it certainly doesn't make you a good guitarist. Nobody cares about how many BPM you can play patterns you've practiced over and over, and neither should you...people want to hear you play music.

Ok but what about i get song with really high speed or solo with hight speed , then
i still need to be fast ? right ?
And if i already have been practiced playing fast , then its better , if i wouldnt pracice speed , when i want to play fast song or solos .
Not really - you just need to build up to that kind of thing gradually, you can't just rush ahead to playing what you want. You just need to be patient and allow your skills do develop at their own pace, and that means pacing yourself and setting realistic, short term goals. If you try to rush too far ahead of yourself it just ends up holding you back.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Not really - you just need to build up to that kind of thing gradually, you can't just rush ahead to playing what you want. You just need to be patient and allow your skills do develop at their own pace, and that means pacing yourself and setting realistic, short term goals. If you try to rush too far ahead of yourself it just ends up holding you back.

Bingo.

Speed isn't everything. Keeping the right form, playing really cleanly, and putting some emotion into your playing. That's what it's about. Gotta sit back and enjoy your playing sometimes, you know? Speed will come with experience. Pushing yourself too hard isn't the right way to go.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.