Hi everybody! My band, Spare the Legion is just emerging into the metal scene in Denver, Colorado. We recorded three tracks at Flatline Audio with Dave Otero (Cephalic Carnage), and we are playing shows in December and January.

I would really appreciate it if you checked out our tunes at www.myspace.com/sparethelegion. Tell us if you like us, or if you don't, tell us how bad we suck!

Thanks,

Sean and STL
cool band, liked the sound a lot
can you tell more about the production and the equipment?

peace
We went to flatline for the recording, engineering, mixing, etc. The guitar is a Ibanez S5470tks prestige w/ EMGs dual amped through a Peavy 6505 and a Krankenstien.
Totally awesome, and very professional sounding recordings. Sounds very Lamb of God influenced.
Slipknot Fan.

Thanks, but I'm not God. If I were God, 3/4 of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer. –Axl Rose
Sick as f**k. Sounds alot like Lamb of God, which is good. Vocals sound freaking sweet, intense all around. keep up the good work!
Cephalic Carnage pwns. Based on the three tacks up so do you.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
I'm very impressed with you guys as a band, you're doing a very impressive thing here. I'm also impressed with the Vocalist, he's screaming properly, which is rare to hear. Hopefully he wont blow out his voice like countless others. Keep up the brutal metal boys
I'm listening to Drowning right now, and I like it a lot. Good change at a minute in followed by a really nice chorus. I think right now there are a lot of bands that combine the heaviness with the melodies, but it's always sort of separated into sections as opposed to the brutality and the melody together. You guys had that in the chorus there, though.

And you got whammy dives so that is an automatic thumbs up from me lol.
We're only strays.
Hahaha thanks guys!!! I'm really stoked that you are all diggin it. Yeah, our vocalist always gets comments about how he sounds like Lamb of God.

On a different note, thank you all for checking it out! I'm really gratefull to have the opportunity to play in this band, and even more stoked that people dig it!

Everyone keep shredding!!!!
P.S. Friend Spare the Legion, and me (Sean, click on my pic in the STL page) for updates. We hope to be recording more songs in a few months.

Thanks again!
That is insane. Like everyone says, the vocalist sounds really good, which is kind of rare these times.
I certainly hope for you guys you make it out big

Good luck and congratulations on the three awesome tracks.
The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Is there any way I could get MP3 files of these so I could put them on my Ipod?
Slipknot Fan.

Thanks, but I'm not God. If I were God, 3/4 of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer. –Axl Rose
Yeah, i could send out a few MP3s. I don't want to saturate the market because it cost me 3 grand for the recordings, but how about this. If you guys help spread the word, I will email you the songs.

Any takers?
I'll sho the other members in the band I'm in next time I see them, or talk to then over AIM.
Slipknot Fan.

Sure man, whats your email address? If you have gmail that would be preferred, because you can send large files through it.
Yeah man, i'd be down with spreading the word around anyway possible. Even if it involves streaking with a painted body at the super bowl!
Last edited by MASTER768 at Nov 6, 2008,
Hahaha, awesome. Well, I will send the mp3s to you, but i just need email adresses so i can send the files. You can send me a message on my profile if you don't want the whole world to know what your email is.
I love it! The guitar really reminds me of All That Remains, and the singing it intense! If you guys had a cd, id buy it in a heartbeat
awesome spreading the word on my msn pm!
And emailin friends
If u email me my emails on my profile
And yeah ur singer sounds like lamb of god
ur one of my new fave bands
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Last edited by padgea7x at Nov 9, 2008,
I sent you a pm.
Slipknot Fan.

I got the files, thanks. And one of my friends gave the band two thumbs up.
Slipknot Fan.

Dude
I beg you to tab the songs
i really want to learn your songs sooooo bad
so please tab em

I will try to get some tabs out sometime soon. I am a pretty busy guy (in grad school for my PhD), so don't expect them to come in the immediate future. I wonder, does UG post tabs submitted by bands as small as us? If so, I will guitar pro tabs for all the songs.
I love your sound, it's rare to hear good screaming these days.

You can submit any song you want in a tab.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by seanbabs
I will try to get some tabs out sometime soon. I am a pretty busy guy (in grad school for my PhD), so don't expect them to come in the immediate future. I wonder, does UG post tabs submitted by bands as small as us? If so, I will guitar pro tabs for all the songs.

I can wait!
I hea they let this guy submit a song he made but no one else has heard it..
U will become a big band i can feel it
.... maybe thats my dog humping my leg...

I haven't forgot about you guys!!! I am doing the tabs to drowning right now!
pretty good, I like Severed Wings the best.
Quote by Ed Hunter
The only time I'd want to touch a 500 degrees frying pan is to set my hand on fire and punch someone in the face.

Quote by Captain Insano
Soulja boy! They stole his gold.
Robbed his Jacket now he's cold!

YOU! Steal from Soulja boy.

*sings over crank that*
Great music, great tone, great progressions. Why would you ruin it with all that screaming?