So some people hate tuning down or up or any any shape or form.... But do any of you see down tuning as inspiration?

For me I see it as a new way to look at the fretboard (even if everything is just up 2 frets from its origional spot) but when I feel creativity going down I put my tuning to drop C and find new inspiration in songs and then when I go back to standard the creativity comes back...

Is there anyone else who feels that changing the tuning up helps break writing blocks and so on?
It can, especially from a riff-tacular standpoint. Anytime I go into drop tunings, I tend to do a lot of hard rock type stuff. Personally, I don't like drop tuning, but tuning down is cool. I just love muh standard
Well, some things sound much cooler tuned down so I kinda see what you mean but I don't think its ever cured writers block for me. I find the only cure is to put down the guitar for a while.
Quote by lewis_grey
I find the only cure is to put down the guitar for a while.

To me both works. I use drop tunings when my muse is gone, and I don't feel like putting down the guitar