Page 1 of 2
I really am getting annoyed now, the Brand Ross incident was horrendously overblown out of proportion, and if this next story becomes the same then Britain must have lost it's sense of humour:

http://entertainment.uk.msn.com/tv/news/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=10644184&GT1=61503

This is perfectly normal of Jeremy, and quite funny to be honest, there is no reference to the Steve Wright murders in his joke, it is just a common joke that lorry drivers/truckers (among others!) murder prostitutes. I can only hope the Sun and the other nonsense papers do not sink their teeth into this one.

Not to mention, if you don't like adult humour, watch 5th gear or whatnot, I know many people simply watch Top Gear for it's humour.

Rant over! Discuss
Yeah I saw that. To be honest, I think he's quite entitled to say it because it was proven that the prostitute was murdered so it's simply a statement of fact. I highly doubt that the majority of truck drivers took it literally. Of course, I could be wrong, but I don't think this will get anywhere near the Brand & Ross incident.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Eh, 188 complaints out of seven million viewers? What did Brand/Ross get?

ಠ_ಠ

wat

That's because British people are miserable bastards who can't take a joke.
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
didn't see it on Sunday - in fact I was just about to go to BBC iPlayer to watch it when I saw this thread.

The difference between this and the Ross-Brand thing is that this is funny. And that I love Top Gear
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I dunno how that's offensive, 'cause I lol'd.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.

To be fair that's just Jeremy Clarkson for you.

Brand and Ross pulled a prank that directly hurt an elderly man's feelings really.

Clarkson wasn't really aiming it at anyone. That probably doesn't sound reasonable to anyone but me but yeah Britain should just shut already.

Quote by Jaymz_515

Over 400 I think.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I lol'd. These arseholes who get offended are just ruining things for me, though i have to say the Brand / Ross thing was a load of shit. I didn't particularly care but they could've at least made it entertaining.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
:
Over 400 I think.

I heard it was 1400, but yeah Jeremy is just being funny, people should leave him alone, quite a funny joke I though.
Quote by Jaymz_515

Only one originally, actually. They only really got many afterwards, when it was told in all the papers.
This is so ****ing stupid.
If it wasn't for the Brand/Ross incident then there probably would've been far fewer complaints afterwards. Jeremy Clarkson always says stuff like that, but usually people can keep in mind that he's not meant to be taken seriously...it's not like he took the comment seriously, so I don't know why everybody else does. It's not like he made a deliberate attack against lorry drivers. FFS
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

To be fair that's just Jeremy Clarkson for you.

Brand and Ross pulled a prank that directly hurt an elderly man's feelings really.

Clarkson wasn't really aiming it at anyone. That probably doesn't sound reasonable to anyone but me but yeah Britain should just shut already.

Over 400 I think.

Ah, I thought it was more than that, thought that perhaps the British people would let Clarkson off with more because he's ace. But anyway I agree, Clarkson just kind of 'mentioned' it in passing rather than Brand's and Ross' personal harrassment of one particular person.

EDIT:
Quote by 100%guitarmad
Only one originally, actually. They only really got many afterwards, when it was told in all the papers.

I bet that's the same person who noticed Clarkson just about crossed the 'No overtaking' line in the previous season's Alfa challenge. :p

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by aaciseric
I heard it was 1400, but yeah Jeremy is just being funny, people should leave him alone, quite a funny joke I though.

Ah maybe I misheard it somewhere.

Yeah.... Jeremy knows that half the things he says are callous and occasionally arrogant. That's the whole point. It's just who he is. Russel Brand, on the other hand, is just a guy who sleeps with a lot of women, to me.

EDIT: ^^ exactly.
Quote by SteveHouse
Why the f*ck are people taking this so seriously?
It's giving us british people a bad name
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
I'm getting pretty sick of it xD
Great Britain also banned the Snickers commercial where Mr. T rants on about the speedwalker. Some members of the gay society felt hurt deeply about it :s

It's just going too far with intolerance in this bloody world...
You just can't say anything anymore. You have like freedom of speech as long as you don't talk about religious, political or minority groups (or anything that could make anybody in the world think that you're ever referring to any of these groups). Why can't we laugh anymore?
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
Quote by magnus_maximus
Meh. To be fair most of the complaints about R&B were from old, humourless fuddy-duddies. They only got 1 complaint during actual broadcast. Clarkson got about 13?

In total, though, to be fair, Brand and Ross got 30,000, so something had to be done, even if they were all senile old people and Daily Mail readers.

Thats the problem

that or the murderous truck driving population got very offended
Jesus H. Christ. People are over-reacting. I thought it was funny.
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Some people just dont have a sense of humour...

Clarksons joke was funny. Sunday's TG was the funniest one Ive seen in a long time.

Brand and Ross over stepped the mark... Not Clarkson.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
We're British...

we love moaning about things, its what we do

that, and queuing
Anyone think Russell Brand is not funny anyways? the only thing i likes him in is Forgetting Sarah Marshall, admittedly playing the role brilliantly
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Quote by Bowe
We're British...

we love moaning about things, its what we do

that, and queuing

I get the reference
And best of all? Moaning about those nasty foreigners who just pushed in front of us... because they don't know what a bloody good que looks like!
Quote by thebassmaster
Anyone think Russell Brand is not funny anyways?

Whole-heartedly agree.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by weemansyndrome
That's because British people are miserable bastards who can't take a joke.

Screw you!

Oh yeah
What I just said is a lie.
I say we all send emails and letters saying we can't stand how Songs of Praise is practically shoving religion down our throats every Sunday to the BBC and see if it makes the headlines.

For the lulz, of course, but mostly as a social experiment.
When I heard about that I thought it was going to be about the Brand's answering machine/ Stig joke.

I believe I read somewhere that the girl in question at the centre of the Brand/Ross dealio is actually a dominatrix and openly admitted she had sex with Brand...
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

That joke is awesome. That dude is awesome. I love the show too, but I'm in Amedica and I never see it on Discovery Channel anymore

People are just bitching for the sake of bitching at this point.

I blame the Catholic church for mixing mind control water with holy water. Bitches just need the crisp, refreshing taste of Dasani.
Quote by OddOneOut
When I heard about that I thought it was going to be about the Brand's answering machine/ Stig joke.

I believe I read somewhere that the girl in question at the centre of the Brand/Ross dealio is actually a dominatrix and openly admitted she had sex with Brand...

Nice Essex S&M mistress like yourself should know
Quote by gallagher2006
I say we all send emails and letters saying we can't stand how Songs of Praise is practically shoving religion down our throats every Sunday to the BBC and see if it makes the headlines.

For the lulz, of course, but mostly as a social experiment.

I second this notion.

Quote by OddOneOut

She's a gothic model and yeah they had sex.

But saying HAH I SLEPT WITH YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER is like saying 'Hah you broke your leg/have cancer' if somebody does have a broken leg or cancer.

Just because it's true doesn't mean it doesn't hurt, you know? D:
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by aaciseric

It was well over 30,000 complaints actually.
RULE BRITANNIA
someone pointed out to me, that when the muslims were getting annoyed about the cartoons in Denmark most brits thought they should lighten up, and not make such a huge fuss over nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if I see Russell Brand guys tomorrow night.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
It was well over 30,000 complaints actually.

I read this morning on bbc news, around 200.

Methinks some people have just jumped on the bandwagon.

edit:
Clarkson's joke, made before the watershed, has now sparked 517 complaints.
But a BBC spokesman said that by Monday morning - before the incident had been reported on by newspapers and websites - there had been 188 complaints.

Last week, the BBC received more than 30,000 complaints about a series of phone pranks made by Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross on Radio 2.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at Nov 4, 2008,
The gutter press don't have anything better to do than defame people.

It's the risk you take when you're famous and open your mouth...
I think if this shit continues to be blown out of proportion we'll end up losing our free speech and free humour. When the British Prime minister and leader of the opposition take an interest in what is basically a joke gone wrong between celebrities, something is seriously wrong with this country. However It is of course more complex than this for other reasons, namely the fact that the right wing tabloid press hates the BBC with a passion, as do the conservative party.

Why? Well, many right wing figures in the UK dislike the BBCs neutral and comparatively intelligent take on news and wish to install a right wing news monopoly similar to that in the USA. The country where shows like fox news regularly spew blatantly republican and occasionally racist propaganda. They know of course, that this will never happen, but that won't stop anyone from taking cheap shots at the BBC by encouraging immigrant-fearing daily mail readers to write in and complain about how "this would never have happened in the good old days".

Anyway, the point of this spiralling, garbled rant is that if we just sit back and let this happen, slowly but surely we'll all become like "middle england" yobs, or southern hillbillies: Stupid, brainwashed, bitter and completely out of touch with the real world.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
I thought it was really funny.

Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirrors, change gear, murder prostitute, change gear...

Also, if it was really going to be offensive, then the BBC surely wouldn't let something offensive air, Oh WAIT!

Also, if you are offended by Top Gear, then don't watch Top Gear for ****'s sake, it is like when the disabled people all complained about Little Britain. For ****'s sake get a sense of Humour.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
Quote by slashrock94
I thought it was really funny.

Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirrors, change gear, murder prostitute, change gear...

Also, if it was really going to be offensive, then the BBC surely wouldn't let something offensive air, Oh WAIT!

Also, if you are offended by Top Gear, then don't watch Top Gear for ****'s sake, it is like when the disabled people all complained about Little Britain. For ****'s sake get a sense of Humour.

damn you, i was just about to post that

but yeah i agree, its just a joke ffs, and a funny one at that
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Page 1 of 2