So i've been looking at getting a pedal tuner for christmas. So far i'm considering the Korg Pitchblack. Can this do drop tunings? Should I spring for the +?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Any tuner of this type can "do" drop tunings.

Should I spring for the +?
If you need the extra features. Both are as accurate.
hahahaha any tuner can do any type of tuning.... as long as its not like a quick tune that only does eadgbe......

if it registers a-f you are good to go
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Great tuner, accurate and yes, it does drop tuning and bass as well.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
hahahaha any tuner can do any type of tuning.... as long as its not like a quick tune that only does eadgbe......

if it registers a-f you are good to go

Unless you need a G
Well, in the + description, it states that it did drop tunings, so I figured that the other one wouldn't do them well...whatever.
So. Korg Pitchblack. Any other recommendations?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
That might be the case in Holland but here in the UK they're pretty much the same price. That means prices obviously vary country to country and could well be different in the US.

Either will get the job done though, so I agree with the just get the cheapest of the two theory
Boss TU-2 vs. Korg Pitchblack

Versatility: Equal
Accuracy: Korg
Price: Roughly equal
Looks: Korg
Edit: As far as I'm aware, only the Korg is true bypass

Not a difficult decision by any means.
Yeah, I really like both the true bypass AND the silencing when on. Does the TU-2 have that? I know most tuner pedals do, but I believe i've seen some cheaper ones without silencing.

EDIT: Also, what about half step down? Does it display the flat symbols?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Last edited by Jango22 at Nov 5, 2008,
Boss TU-2 is a horrible tuner. It's rated at +/- 6 cents, which means it's in the rare category of tuners that aren't within 2 cents.
As long as you get a chromatic tuner, you'll be able to tune to any note. I have the Dean Markley pt-13 that I'm pretty happy with.
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
ibanez lu-20? cheap and decent
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by Jango22
Yeah, I really like both the true bypass AND the silencing when on. Does the TU-2 have that? I know most tuner pedals do, but I believe i've seen some cheaper ones without silencing.

EDIT: Also, what about half step down? Does it display the flat symbols?

yes it does, it shows it like this (Eb => D#) but I believe that every tuner does that
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)