I've been offered a $500 dollar per semester scholarship to play "Contemporary Christian" music for a local church. I'm not a christian and I hate the music, but I'm a poor college kid and need the money.

Answer honestly Pit... Am I a sell-out?
No, your getting paid to do a job you hate, nothing new there
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Quote by saphrax
Yes, but why not.

Also, increases your chances of having sex-in-a-church-with-a-religious-virgin.

That's exactly what I needed to hear thanks.
Your not a hypocrite unless you said that you would never do such a thing, and the guy above it's right, everyon does jobs they don't like at some point. And for steady job involving playing music is not all that easy to come by I would have thought.
Quote by thebassmaster
No, your getting paid to do a job you hate, nothing new there

Exactly
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
A jobs a job. There is a reason its not called "fun".
The religious myth is the most powerful device ever created, and serves as the psychological soil upon which other myths can flourish.
It's just a job. You're not a hypocrite unless who declared that Christian music is crap and totally beneath you.
dude. atleast your playing for money. i work in mother****ing nandos. although i do teach kids basic guitar for some cash too... plus church chicks are hot. my girlfriend is really religious.. not religious enough to drag me into a church tho xD
Main Entry:
hyp·o·crite Listen to the pronunciation of hypocrite
Pronunciation:
\ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English ypocrite, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin hypocrita, from Greek hypokritēs actor, hypocrite, from hypokrinesthai
Date:
13th century

1 : a person who puts on a false appearance of virtue or religion 2 : a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

by definition .. I would have to say yes ..
Quote by boomboosh
What the f**k is you problems?
Yes, I made an account to ask this question. Is it really that weird? No. I wanted some feedback from some proper guitar experts who knew what they were talking about. Sorry, I guess I was wrong.
Quote by saphrax
Yes, but why not.

Also, increases your chances of having sex with a slut.

Fix'd. You kids and your damn run-on sentences...

Everyone is a hyprocite. Because if you say you aren't a hypocrite, you claim to know what a hypocrite is, yet you supposedly aren't one? That right there makes you a hypocrite.

It makes plenty of sense in the darker areas of my mind.
well if you're not pretending to be a christian then you're not a hypocrite now are you?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
that's not being a hypocrite... that's just whoring yourself for money (just cuz you hate the music, not cuz it pays)

If you actually said "You should never play music you don't like, even if it paid." then you're a hypocrite.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
I have a friend at work who's a vegetarian. We work at McDonalds. Not exactly the same, but its a similar situation. Just do it, its money.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

I'd do it like *snaps fingers*

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Wow, since when was selling out a good thing... You only live once, don't betray yourself if that's really how you look at this job.
I'm an atheist and I played in my friend's church's "praise band." I did it because I wanted to improve my skills and get some more experience playing with other people.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Absolutely, you deserve to die.

Only joking, might aswell take the opportunity!

You should still go and die.
Quote by Trefellin
It's just a job. You're not a hypocrite unless who declared that Christian music is crap and totally beneath you.

+1.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?