I'm starting to get into the whole finger tapping deal, like andy mckee.

Right now when i tap its pretty quite..

i was just wondering if there is a string gauge thats best for tapping

-thanks
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Start slowly, tapping toward the center or the wire below the board in said fret, then build up speed with a metronome.

Strings could help but it depends on what you may want. Sustained sounds or flash-like speed tapping.

Edit: (if using electric)
I guess the basic should be more distortion without killing the sound with too much dirt or muddiness.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Last edited by RR787 at Nov 4, 2008,
Quote by RR787
Start slowly, tapping toward the center or the wire below the board in said fret, then build up speed with a metronome.

Strings could help but it depends on what you may want. Sustained sounds or flash-like speed tapping.

Edit: (if using electric)
I guess the basic should be more distortion without killing the sound with too much dirt or muddiness.

thanks!!

what exactally do you mean by
tapping toward the center or the wire below the board in said fret
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
What I think he means is to make sure to aim and hit the fret dead center, as opposed to near either of the fret-markers.
Example:

|--|
The vertical lines are the fret markers, and the horizontal is the 'empty' space. Aim for the dead center.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
^^^
alright.. thanks,

thats what i've been working on
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Quote by victoryaloy
I'm starting to get into the whole finger tapping deal, like andy mckee.

Right now when i tap its pretty quite..

i was just wondering if there is a string gauge thats best for tapping

-thanks

Depends, do you want to exclusively tap?
Quote by Orbit91
Depends, do you want to exclusively tap?

i want to be able to tap with it sounding good
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Quote by victoryaloy
i want to be able to tap with it sounding good

It's your fingers, not the gauge then :P
Quote by Orbit91
It's your fingers, not the gauge then :P

alright..

also any opinions on whats the best way to go about learning.

right now i'm just messing a round strumming chords the tapping little melodies using the notes that are in the key..

any suggestions??
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Quote by Baby Joel
What I think he means is to make sure to aim and hit the fret dead center, as opposed to near either of the fret-markers.
Example:

|--|
The vertical lines are the fret markers, and the horizontal is the 'empty' space. Aim for the dead center.

FYI, the wires ARE the frets(your vertical lines). The space in between(your horizontal line) is simply the fingerboard area that you press your fingers(and obviously the strings) onto. They are not fret markers. Those would be the dots on the face(and sometimes the side) of the fingerboard marking off the 3rd, 5th, 7th and so on, fret positions.