i already have my classic rock sound covered with my SG, and it does good on metal too. but i'm looking into a guitar that has a really good heavy metal sound, super comfortable playability is a must, a fast neck is good- i like doing a lot of lead work- deep cutaways so that way i'm not restricted from the upper access. the number of frets i'm not too sure about...if anyone could tell me the major pros and cons of 22/24 fret guitars, that'd be great! although i'd LOVE to have a floyd, i think i'll have to suck it up and live with a hardtail for the sake of tuning and minimal string changing time. it needs to have a bucker in the bridge, but if it has a SC in the neck or middle, then that's fine, as long as it can handle higher modern gain fine.

aesthetics are kinda important to me, i like some visually appealing looks. binding around the neck and body is to die for really. i'm open to most shapes.

price: $600. buying new. so that has to include tax.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Probably something by LTD or Schecter....
This is a lie...no reason why...right from the outset
^ Agile
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
not really looking to B.C. rich, i'd prefer to have a higher budget and go with a high end one before a mid range or lower. i really like the agile, but it will go over $600 after tax/shipping/etc...

so i guess my real budget is $550 to allow for tax. now if the guitar happens to be in the store i get it from, i can easily haggle within $50 or $100.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
what is the big difference between the reaper custom and this?

http://www.rondomusic.com/product2206.html

i also hear these guitars from agile have shoddy wiring and pups aren't that great.

i'm still open to other guitars, want as many possible choices as i can have.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
White:
White body, black head < Sounds funny lol
Dot inlays
Agile Humbuckers
Bolt on neck
Doesn't support Luci

Chancery:

EMGs 81 and 85(USA)
1 mahogany piece body
Reserved cross inlays
Full black color body with the silverish bottom.
Supports Luci!
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_horizon.html
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_deluxe-h.html
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_mh.html

Take your pick. Lookers, no doubt. All the binding and stuff, 24 XJ frets, very metal.

Lowest cost on the bottom, highest on top. Don't know exact prices but you WILL find what you want.

And stick with a Floyd; it's easier than it sounds and if you already have a stoptail, another one will bore you to tears.
what are the prices on those guitars?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by Rock Pig
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_horizon.html
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_deluxe-h.html
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_mh.html

Take your pick. Lookers, no doubt. All the binding and stuff, 24 XJ frets, very metal.

Lowest cost on the bottom, highest on top. Don't know exact prices but you WILL find what you want.

And stick with a Floyd; it's easier than it sounds and if you already have a stoptail, another one will bore you to tears.

I hate those ESP finishes

If I were you TS I'd go with the Agile Custom..
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2M-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=517588

i think i've found a possible choice...white with maple fretboard...orgasmic. it says Seymour Duncan pups, not 'Duncan Designed', so which models are they?

anyone use one of these? like i said, i'll be using it for more shredish heavy metal, similar to CoB, but obviously not as skilled... you get the idea.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
I support the Jackson. 50$ and its a RR3 by the way just so you know.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Anything By Bc Rich
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Quote by slash_rocks2005
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2M-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=517588

i think i've found a possible choice...white with maple fretboard...orgasmic. it says Seymour Duncan pups, not 'Duncan Designed', so which models are they?

anyone use one of these? like i said, i'll be using it for more shredish heavy metal, similar to CoB, but obviously not as skilled... you get the idea.

my mate has one of them... havnt heard him with it, but i think he really really likes it & he's an amazing shredder!!
If you don't like the inverted crosses ( which look like swords to me) they made a new Black Chancery with dot inlays. You could also opt to get the reaper standard and swap out the pick-ups for other good passives like Duncan Invaders or a DiMarzio X2n.

From what I've heard, the stock pick ups aren't too bad but they're VERY sensitive.
Last edited by \Powerslave/ at Nov 4, 2008,
Quote by _-Joey-_
Anything NOT by Bc Rich

Don't be a tool. The NJ series are great.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
well guys, i have a guitar choice in reserve for now then. i thank yall much for the advice, but i think the jackson DKMII in white will be my next guitar. if there are any more recommendations that you feel are MUCH better than that, for the same price range, send me a pm. thanks sincerely!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
i actually have one more concern, the jackson Dinky i'm looking at comes with a maple fretboard, and i happen to really like the look of it. but i also know that maple fretboards tend to have a brighter and snappier sound than rosewood. i'm sure it won't keep it from sounding good on the shred part, but as far as low register heavy metal rhythms, how will it affect the sound? i don't know if the difference in sound is so much that it won't perform well for the styles i want or not.

thanks
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i actually have one more concern, the jackson Dinky i'm looking at comes with a maple fretboard, and i happen to really like the look of it. but i also know that maple fretboards tend to have a brighter and snappier sound than rosewood. i'm sure it won't keep it from sounding good on the shred part, but as far as low register heavy metal rhythms, how will it affect the sound? i don't know if the difference in sound is so much that it won't perform well for the styles i want or not.

thanks

I use a Jackson DK2M.
exactly the same finish.

It's low register metal rhythms are all sweet as hell. They were pretty damn crunchy with the stock pickups.

I would've kept them if i hadn't fallen in love with Blackouts.

Buy this guitar with confidence my friend.
It feels great for every style imo.
what styles do you play? even though this guitar will primarily be used for metal and shred and metalcore-ish music, i wouldn't mind mixing in some lighter stuff without having to change guitars. though my SG is my first real guitar and handles everything from blues to metal pretty well, but the playability is best in the hard rock and blues realm.

if you want you can PM me about it. or post in here, doesn't matter to me! thanks!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH