I have been looking for a good guitar for hard rock/metal (but still has good or at least decent cleans) for a while now and have finally narrowed my results down to these:

ESP Horizon FR-II(the first one): http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_horizon.html

Edwards E-CY-165CTM: http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/cy/E-CY-165CTM.html

here's a brief comparison of the specs:

HORIZON FR-II

Neck-Thru-Body
25.5” Scale
Mahogany Body
Quilted Maple Top
Maple Neck
Ebony Fingerboard
Locking Nut
42mm Neck Width
Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
Gotoh Tuners
Original Floyd Rose Bridge
EMG 81 (B) / 85 (N) p.u.
Finish: STR

Edwards E-CY-165CTM

BODY (Top) Quilted Maple, (Back) Ash w/abalon & White Binding
NECK Walnut & Hard Maple 9Piece
FNGERBORAD Ebony, 27frets w/abalon & White Binding
RADIUS 305R
SCALE 25.5 inch (648mm)
NUT Locknut (R2/42mm)
INLAY Tree of Life
JOINT Neck-Thru-Body
TUNER GOTOH SG360-07
BRIDGE Floyd Rose (FRT-3000)
PICKUPS (Front) Seymour Duncan SCR-1n
(Rear) Seymour Duncan TB-5
PARTS COLOR Gold
CONTROLS Master Volume, Master Tone, 3Way Lever PU Selector

So which one would you choose? The prices are about equal so that's not really a factor. Any help is appreciated.
Yeah but it wasn't getting any posts so I changed the title and took out the MH1000.
The Edwards looks ****ing sick. 27 frets holy shit. Isn't there like any place where you can test them? That should provide you with the best answer you know.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Yeah I wish I could test them, but all the shops around here only carry LTDs in stock and the Edwards is exclusive to Japan so I'll have to get it imported or buy it off the eBay store.
Okay thanks, but I thought the Edwards has an Original Floyd Rose? If not then I'll definitely go with the ESP.
ESP. The edwards is butt ugly and has a korean made OFR instead of a real (German) OFR. 27 frets is rediculously overkill, and something tells me that the used materials in the edwards are of inferior quality compared to the ESP. If ESP would make a guitar with that specs, with their quality materials AND quality control, that would be a 3000$ guitar at least.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by slash591
id go with the ESP FRII, if youre going for a heavy hard rock sound, the 81/85s with an OFR will be better than the duncan humbucker, and the other pickup i believe is the COOL RAILS which is twangyer and it has a licensed floyd rose. just my opinion

81/85 sounds worse than duncans, even for metal (my opinion). Look: in this video you see 2 guitars with the exact same specs (apart from the pickups). I think that the duncans sound ALOT better, even for metal. The EMG's sound like the guitar is a tin can.
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=pSDac4In9ho&feature=related

And no, it does have an OFR, but a Korean one.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Yeah I see what you mean. I was thinking about changing out the EMGs anyway but I wanted to at least try them first.
Quote by LP_CL
ESP. The edwards is butt ugly and has a korean made OFR instead of a real (German) OFR. 27 frets is rediculously overkill, and something tells me that the used materials in the edwards are of inferior quality compared to the ESP. If ESP would make a guitar with that specs, with their quality materials AND quality control, that would be a 3000$ guitar at least.

yeah, that's what i'd have thought. much as i like edwards, i'd probably go esp if the prices were similar.

though i'd like to try both to be sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
lol, thats quick.
I agree with your decision though. But dont rush it.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
81/85 sounds worse than duncans, even for metal (my opinion). Look: in this video you see 2 guitars with the exact same specs (apart from the pickups). I think that the duncans sound ALOT better, even for metal. The EMG's sound like the guitar is a tin can.
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=pSDac4In9ho&feature=related

And no, it does have an OFR, but a Korean one.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong, but that video is comparing EMGs and SD's on a SS amp. EMG's were designed to overdrive a tube amp, that's all I'm saying. Plus it's hard to make the amp (line 6 spider III on "insane") sound good period.

And TC like I said before, you're going to spend way more on the edwards and the ESP is far superior in quality terms.