Page 1 of 2
well i have been playin for 4 months so i dnt noo what guitar to buy to learn on am lukin for summit aroun 200 pound
you been playing for four months and dont know what guitar to buy

dont you already have one?

and if not what have you been playing on for these four months?
There is no real guitar that is really easier. Everyone has different styles. I personally like the feel of sg's. I don't know how much pound is relative to the dollar but the Epiphone Sg G400 is a really good guitar for like $289.
A good guitar will elieve you of all the problems caused by the gear that you think are your fault. A bad one will make you a much better player when you finally get your hands on something with a good neck and setup.
For the former, Agile guitars are great. Cheap, too, but it might be a bit tough to get one in England.

For the latter, look around in dumpsters behind guitar stores. :p
get a cheap guitar, doesn't matter what it is, and have it professionally set up. a cheap guitar with a crap action is really an uninspiring thing to play. seriously....i played a squier last week that was professionally set up and it played so good that you couldn't tell it was mass produced junk. when you get better ,move up to something decent
Best guitar to learn on is whatever makes you want to play it. Maybe not the answer you were looking for, but I firmly believe it's true. Head to the guitar store, find something in your price range that you just don't want to put down.
Got my mojo workin' but it just don't work on you.
Even though i dont like them much, squier strats are nice starter guitars, plus you have the bonus of when you get a better guitar you'll be blown away by how much better it is.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
You can get G-400 SGs for under £200.. Yamaha Pacificas, and Squier TELECASTERS, squier stratocasters are weak compaired to the Teles.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
dude personally i think a suire stratocaaster would be a great guitar. strats are great to begin with but the squire is cheaper. plus you get a tremelo bridge that opens up new possibilities for you.
Quote by Deacon Blues
get a cheap guitar, doesn't matter what it is, and have it professionally set up. a cheap guitar with a crap action is really an uninspiring thing to play. seriously....i played a squier last week that was professionally set up and it played so good that you couldn't tell it was mass produced junk. when you get better ,move up to something decent

+200
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
right well a going tae buy a gibson les paul custom

av put my money range way higher so i can by 1
A fender Strat
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
I would suggest just going to local music shops and trying things out. You won't really know what you're most comfortable with until you try. It's hard to say what guitar is "easiest" to learn on. I started with a Fender strat and it was really comfortable- then I moved on to acoustics.
For me (playing for 6 months), the Fender standard strat felt very comfortable to play with (the mexican one). I'm having it professionally set up today and will let you know the results later today when I get home. My dream guitar is an Explorer though, but I've yet to actually play one, so I don't know how the shape will feel.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Go to a guitar shop and try out as many guitars within your price range as you can, the one that feels and sounds best is the one that will inspire you to practice more. Also, if you're comfortable on a guitar, your technique is more likely to develop properly than if you're uncomfortable.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Most definatly an esp explorer...haha just kidding, my friends always seem to complain because my guitar is "too hard" for them to play.

anyways i started out on an ibanez. there cheap pretty good depending on what you pay and they are versatile.
yamaha pacifica 112v would be my choice, you can pick them up for around £160. assuming you like superstrats.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i dont know how much an mim strat is in pounds but its pretty much an all rounder for people just starting
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
do u think a copy of a gibson les paul custon would be any good to me cause i can get 1 for £1oo
A copy made by who? At 200 pounds, I'd look at something like a Yamaha Pacifica or a MIM stratocaster.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by micky dee
do u think a copy of a gibson les paul custon would be any good to me cause i can get 1 for £1oo

no dont get a copy
it will prob fall to pieces in a few months
lopk at an epi g-400 or a yamaha pacifica
the gibson les paul customs are £2000+
dont buy copys!!!!

Quote by MustangSVT
A copy made by who? At 200 pounds, I'd look at something like a Yamaha Pacifica or a MIM stratocaster.

he prob doesn't know what the mim means.
a made in mexico fender strat is good
so is the pacifica
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by digman50
no dont get a copy
it will prob fall to pieces in a few months
lopk at an epi g-400 or a yamaha pacifica
the gibson les paul customs are £2000+
dont buy copys!!!!

he prob doesn't know what the mim means.
a made in mexico fender strat is good
so is the pacifica

+1

copies at £300-£400+ can be really goode (japanese-made tokais, edwards and the like), but at £100, it's liable to be a p.o.s....

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You need to play a few guitars and see what your comfortable with that's all that counts. I find LP and even Strat shaped guitars pretty comfortable to play. I like a thin neck profile IMHO they are much easier as well. I would say try some Epis or Ibanez models and see what you like. Stay away from the crazy shapes for now if you like to practice sitting down these can be horrible to play. I never sit I only play standing so it doesn't matter to me if they are comfortable sitting.
Has anybody even considered this guy's gonna need an AMP!!!
Squier Affinity Telecaster + Vox AD15VT
There's the answer. A well built (for £105) Tele and a good amp with lots of models and effects to play with. £205 + delivery. Sorted.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Last edited by JMcG92 at Nov 16, 2008,
^ yeah, that's a good point.

i still say yamaha pacifica 112, though- it's pretty versatile, and £60 or so will buy you a microcube, so you're only about £20 or so over budget... (not that there's anything wrong with your recommendation either, that's just what i'd prefer to get, but it depends on what type of music is being played, etc. etc. )

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I use a Yamaha Pacifica 112v and can't reccommend it enough. It's very easy to play and very easy on your fingers. And it's got some great great tones.

This along with a Vox Ad15VT will keep you happy for sometime, at which point you could up grade to a bigger amp.

Yamaha Pacifica + 100.
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
My only few suggestions are.

Take someone that has been playing for a while to make sure you don't buy some pos with a neck that looks like a freakin pretzel and crap parts. See if it fits your hands and feels good, then hand it to your friend and let them check it out. I can't count how many high end guitars I've played that have dead frets and require fret work brand new.
MIM = Made in Mexico

IMO you should just go to shops and play whatever guitars you like then go from there. Also be sure to play the same model at different shops to, because as one of the previous posters said set-up is a big thing too and that can be a good way to judge the set-ups done by different shops (or if they do it at all).
which cube? i didn't know there was a 40 watt cube, unless it's an older model...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
dnt noo a think it is an older model cause a gt it for £30 off my guitar teacher
Quote by micky dee
dnt noo a think it is an older model cause a gt it for £30 off my guitar teacher

ah, ok. if it's anything like the newer cubes, it's probably pretty decent. I haven't tried the older ones, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yahama Pacifica series, the cheapest models are still better than Fender squier affinitys. And another that i wouldn't recommend is Harley Benton's, you can't get crappier guitar than that at any price. Btw, There is still plenty of Epiphone's and Esp ltd's with good price.
Page 1 of 2